Sign in to follow this  
HpS

Lumix batteries for D-Lux 3

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Has anyone experience of using Lumix branded comparable batteries instead of Leica on the D-Lux 3 or on any other Leica models?

I am assuming they would be compatible, and/or does someone have some suggestions please are.

I have used an Energizer CGAS005 on my D-Lux 3. I haven't noticed any difference in performance or life.

When I bought my D-Lux 3 in February 2008, my friendly (and very knowledgeable) dealer suggested I should buy a Ricoh battery (DB-60) instead of a Leica original at twice the price. I did, and kept using it alternately with the original battery that came with the camera. No problems.

Then, in April 2009, I sold my D-Lux 3 and then bought the D-Lux 4 from the same dealer. When selling the DL 3, I obviously had to include its original battery, but I kept the Ricoh one, and went on using it alternately with the new original for the DL 4.

Now it´s 2012, and still no problems; I haven´t actually measured the capacity of either battery, but I´m not aware of any practical differences; I just don´t care which one happens to be in the camera when I go out shooting.

I have no immediate plans to upgrade the DL 4 (I´ve bought an M9 since...), so I have no idea whether the Ricoh battery would work with the DL 5 too, or if Panasonic´s foul practice of chipping their batteries have spilled over to Leica. But both the DL 3 and DL 4 are OK.

Lumix batteries work perfectly (even with new models and firmware, where OEM batterys work no longer),

including the D-Lux 5 with has chipped batteries (just like the Panasonic LX5).

Thanks all, for filling in with this positive information.

What are 'chipped batteries' please?

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Seconds cheaper with small dents (Just joking),

They have an inbuilt microchip that can control charging and also in the manufacturers intrest ensure that only his batteries are used in a specific camera.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• By bjamisonf
      Where can one find the battery charge level?
      What's the best way to extend the battery life? 
      If I shoot DNG/JPG, where do the JPGs end up? I don’t see them when I import the files into Lightroom. Are they the ones transferred over to the Leica Photos? 
      If one shoots A for aperture, shutter speed, and focus, is it the same as Full Auto in Scene Mode?
      I notice the photos I take in Black and White turn to color when I import them into Lightroom. Importing the B&W photo into Leica Fotos shows it is B&W, which I assume is so that it can be shared. My question is: Are there specific Lightroom presets that show the Leica style?
      I occasionally get the red box with spinning circle. Why does it do that? I assume it’s writing to disk but I’ve had occasions where I haven’t taken a photo at all, so there’s nothing to “write to disk.”
      Can I use the Leica Q2 LCD panel to focus/shoot like my Canon 5D Mark IV? Maybe I’m wrong but I recall seeing a video of a Leica Q doing so. 
      Does changing the user profile also change what’s found on the favorites menu? 
      Is there any sort of logic for how to set up the FN versus the wheel button? I appreciate their usefulness but I find I can’t remember what’s where and I end up going back to the menu button. Any suggestions on how to set it up logically? 

• By paulgreenfield
      Just received the new 2X Tele Converter DMW-STC20 for the Panasonic Lumix S PRO Leica 70-200 F4 O.I.S. Sample image below from my SL taken at 40m 
      Panasonic 2x converter   (   400 mm  - Leica - Spot - Aperture priority - ISO 1600 - ¹⁄₅₀₀ sec at ƒ - 8.0 - 0 EV -   )  -1230695.jpg
      Very happy the results so far although maximum aperture is down at f/8.0 - OK for sunny days. Total cost for both items less than 50% of the Leica 90-280 f/2.8-f/4.
      The DMW-STC20 with the Leica 280mm might be fun!

Hello guest! Please register or sign in to view the hidden content. Hallo Gast! Du willst die Bilder sehen? Einfach registrieren oder anmelden!
    • By Ron Naeve
      The first time I charged my Q2's battery it went to the green "charge" light. Yesterday the battery indicator was red. so I charged it overnight. this morning both the green charge and the orange 80% are lite. does this mean it's not fully charging? I pulled it out and re-inserted it. the charge was blinking but then stopped after 5 minutes. the orange 80% is still lite.? to me this means it's stuck between 80-100%? ? Anyone else experience this?
    • By hoonetic
      So, I recently bought a preowned m240 from a Leica store and realized there was a problem when I was charging the battery.  The CHARGE LED would blink and after several hours both the CHARGE and 80% would be flashing at the same time.  Tried it several times but the battery would not charge properly.  I contacted the Leica store and told them what the issue was, so they decided to send me a replacement battery that was also used, but unfortunately, the issue still happens when I tried to charge the replacement.
      I'm planning on ordering one of the Nitecore USB chargers and maybe a new Leica charger to test the batteries.
      Has anyone heard of issues with Leica chargers for the m240s? 
      Thanks!
    • By Reini
      Ist zwar keine Vollblut-Leica.
      Aber für den bevorstehenden Schnorchel- und Strand-Urlaub musste was wasserdichtes und robustes her.
      Um dann hier Bilder herzuzeigen, sollte sie unbedingt ein Leica Objektiv haben. Darum das ältere Modell Lumix DMC FT5. Baujahr 2014.
      Objektiv Leica DC Vario-Elmar 3,3-5,9/28-128mm mit 4,6-fach opt. Zoom

Ist nur zufällig in Camouflage. So merkt man die Gebrauchsspuren nicht so schnell.
      War dafür ein nettes Bundle aus einer Kleinanzeige mit 2tem Akku und 2 64GB Speicherkarten.
      Falls jemand sowas überlegt.
      Erste Eindrücke.
      Die Kamera ist viel kleiner und leichter als gedacht, passt locker in eine Hemdtasche.
      In 1 Sekunde nach dem einschalten bereit.
      Die Menüführung ist nicht überladen. Trotzdem braucht man etwas Übung und Fingerspitzengefühl um die Tasten zu bedienen.
      Es gibt nur eine Handvoll Motivprogramme plus eine Manuelle Funktion.
      Mit der Bildqualität bin ich sehr zufrieden. Zoomen sollte man allerdings tunlichst vermeiden.
      Videoqualität ist auch recht gut (wahlweise AVCHD oder MP4). Durch das geringe Gewicht wackelt man allerdings. Also wo hinstellen oder ein kleines Stativ nehmen.
      Stereomikro. Videolicht.
      GPS ist an Board. Noch nicht getestet, soll laut anderer Tests bis auf 10 Meter genau passen. Höherer Stromverbrauch, eh klar!
      Via W-LAN und Panasonic Image App lässt sie sich fernsteuern und Bilder übertragen.
      Makrofunktion tadellos, Nahbereich bis ca. 4cm.
      Fallhöhe bis zu 2 Meter sollen ihr angeblich nichts antun, Tauchtiefe bis 13m.

Hello guest! Please register or sign in to view the hidden content. Hallo Gast! Du willst die Bilder sehen? Einfach registrieren oder anmelden!