Visoflex + 65mm + M8

hankg

I found a Rodenstock 75mm f/4 APO-Rodgaon-D 1x used recently. These lens sell 60% off retail if you can find them used and unlike most enlarging lenses they are optimized for 1:1 and CCD arrays. It arrived today and I grabbed a quick shot (see attached). The lens is optimized for 5.6 - 8, I was in such a hurry I'm not sure what f stop I used but the resolving power is still pretty damn impressive. The bill was wrinkled so focus is in and out on the bill but where it is in the plane of focus it looks pretty good.

The only thing that could improve on this rig would be swings and tilts, which you can get if you use a Horseman VCC on the Viso instead of Leica bellows II but the Leica bellows go for about $80 and the Horseman bellows are $2,000. I guess I'll live without tilt for now.

Another nice thing about having the arca clamp on the bellows is you have complete access to the card and battery with the camera mounted to the tripod.

For around $350 for the lens, LTM to M adapter and bellows I don't think there is a higher resolving solution available for even 5x the price.

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

Joined in the fun today. Got a visoflex III and a 400mm 6.8 telyt. This retro way for tele shooting is incredibly appealing and fun. Definitely looking forward to macro work, looking into bellows, etc. Here's 2 from the "birthday" of the system today. best....Peter

"Connections"

original.jpg

"Shall We Dance?"

76451017.jpg

Thanks g- I agree. It's great to get your hands on these purely mechanical products from Leica. When using a tool brings this much satisfaction, the product can't help but show for it. At least I hope so, (and that my wife agrees) ;>) best...Peter

It has recently come to my attention that the older Leica Macro-Elmar-R 100mm f/4 lens has a detachable head, which can be attached to the Bellows. Does anyone have enough experience with this setup to discuss the quality of the results?

Advertisement (gone after registration)

It has recently come to my attention that the older Leica Macro-Elmar-R 100mm f/4 lens has a detachable head, which can be attached to the Bellows.

This lens was available in two mounts, one was for bellows only and the other had a normal helical focussing mount, but the head of the helical version is not detachable.

Guest guy_mancuso

Bringing this back to life here. i just got a screaming deal on a Bellows II. It's about time i always get screwed buying gear and pay too much but 35 dollars is a deal . Okay so now that is on it's way i would imagine i need some adapter to rig my 90 macro to it. Any help on just a regular M adapter for it. i would imagine this is a screw mount

Guest guy_mancuso

Thanks Gary , i will start looking for one. This stuff is fun. Anyone see's one please let me know. none on e-bay that i can find and Collectable does not have one either

• 4 years later...
Yes, the Elmar 65mm is a lovely lens!...I use it with the Adapter M to R on my R8/9 + DMR...

[ATTACH]29283[/ATTACH]

R8 + Elmar 65mm + 2x extension tubes "16471"

Regards,

Jan

Jan,

This is a stunning image!

How close was the end of your lens to the bee?

Thanks, K-H.