Firmware v.1.91 for M8 available

Philippe D.

Guest sirvine

Advertisement (gone after registration)

I think it is you, Sol. It looks just fine on my calibrated monitor.

What, you mean this Dell D410 laptop that my office gave me isn't properly calibrated?! I'm sending it back... ;)

I think I'm just seeing pink everywhere now since I was trying to calibrate M8 images in Lightrooom last night. Even the color of links on this site looks magenta to me now.

• Replies 396
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Jaapv,

Either you have a lot of magenta books on your shelf or my monitor is mis-calibrated (very possible) or there's something screwy going on with the reds in your last shot? Is it just me?

I have a very good eye for magenta lately ... ....:o ......but can assure you the last shot of Jaap looks good on a callibrated screen ... :)

All those desks and workspaces. Here is something diffrerent. JPEG , 640 ISO, practically no Photoshop, Elmarit 28 2.8. AWB - they seem to have fixed something. Ole!

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

Has anyone tried to go back to 1.09 just in case?

Yes, I've tried and you can. :)

I was trying to see if the half frame streak when you have bright light sources at the edge had been fixed. I managed to get one example with the new firmware but couldn't repeat it when I went back to the earlier version to check again. It's so very critical of the light source position. I used a candle against a white wall.

Bob.

Sorry about my previous post - taking you away from your desks. Want to see what's on mine?

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

Guy,

Any chance you can get a list of bug fixes in 1.091 so we have some idea of what has been addressed? If 1.10 is to be released in April, it would also be nice to know what additional bug fixes or new features it might have (planned, not necessarily what will actually make it in the release). Finally, why post and remove would be nice to know.

I have loaded it and so far, I definitely like it better. The camera seems more responsive too. Of course, it could be the placebo effect, but I definitely like what I am seeing better and the shots here seem to confirm the better white balance.

P.S. See how easy I am to please. Even small steps in the right direction are preferable to silence and no steps. I never expected that everything would be fixed at once, just that there would be a steady movement in the right direction.

Guy,

Any chance you can get a list of bug fixes in 1.091 so we have some idea of what has been addressed? If 1.10 is to be released in April, it would also be nice to know what additional bug fixes or new features it might have (planned, not necessarily what will actually make it in the release). Finally, why post and remove would be nice to know.

I have loaded it and so far, I definitely like it better. The camera seems more responsive too. Of course, it could be the placebo effect, but I definitely like what I am seeing better and the shots here seem to confirm the better white balance.

P.S. See how easy I am to please. Even small steps in the right direction are preferable to silence and no steps. I never expected that everything would be fixed at once, just that there would be a steady movement in the right direction.

Hi John

You're a software guy.

If Guy knew, then he would be under an NDA (and couldn't tell us)

if he isn't under an NDA, then he can't know

:)

Hi John

You're a software guy.

I'm sure that this group will figure out quickly what old bugs have been squished and which new ones have bred.

Edmund

All those desks and workspaces. Here is something diffrerent. JPEG , 640 ISO, practically no Photoshop, Elmarit 28 2.8. AWB - they seem to have fixed something. Ole!

Hi George

I can do kitchens too!

ISO 640 ISO AWB - no photoshop (just a little shadows in aperture).

21mm pre-Asph

L1002429.jpg

Hi John

You're a software guy.

I was assuming he would get permission, not break his NDA.:o

Downloaded the update with no problem from London at 0030 on 1 March (just got back from doing a shoot and REALLY wish I'd had the improved Auto White Balance ... IMHO it's a significant improvement on the earlier version - now useable.

Hooray. Thank you Leica. Come on - let's show them some appreciation for what looks like a job well done!

Best

/Users/bap2/Desktop/m8-1_09-1.upd.xml

is this the update?

No, you are seeing a second copy of the original 1.09. The correct firmware will be:

m8-1_091.upd.xml

Check the site listed at the front of this thread where Guy posted for the correct file.