Sign in to follow this  
Philippe D.

Firmware v.1.91 for M8 available

Advertisement (gone after registration)

I try tell another so is better to understand. I do not tell is gonna broke becaus 1.091, I tell is can broke for some other, and 1.091 will be stay inside. If is M8 broke like many people got broke, so will be no possibility put back 1.09 before send to Solms. When Solms will opened inside they gonna find it 1.091. They tell yesterday who got 1.091 suppose put back to 1.09. I thing mabe they can to tell "you not followed what we tell, now is avoided garantie". Mabe they gonna be nice do not do that.

That is what I call positive thinking

Dear friend Ferenc, I really appreciate your efforts on the English language, but apparently you don't realize that, what it starts being funny ends being tiresome, if repeated ad nauseam.

Please, enjoy your valuable time elsewhere for a little while ( let's say one or two years ) unless you have something more cheerful to say.

best regards

( Please forgive the poor magyar translation )

Ez minden mi ÉN hív pozitív gondolkodó

Kedves barát Ferenc, ÉN igazán méltányol -a erőfeszítések -on Angol nyelv , de nyilvánvalóan ön nem megvalósít amit , mi ez indulások lét furcsa végződik lét fárasztó , ha ismételt sok idő.

Legyen szíves , élvez -a értékes idő máshol részére egy kicsi rövid idő let's mond egy vagy kettő évvel ezelőtt, hacsak önnek van valami több víg -hoz mond.

üdvözlettel.

@arturo

One might think it could be a little arrogant if anybody wanted to apply a sort of "English ability filter" to this forum. From what level on you think a Leica user should be granted the honour to take part here?

Being a German, my English is far from perfect...but when it comes to reading magyarman´s posts, most of the times I can easily understand what he wants to say. In doubt, I read it aloud.

Stefan

I tried the link - but only get 1.09 are I'm doing something wrong, or is it removed?

Anybody who know where to obtain it from?

That is what I call positive thinking

Dear friend Ferenc, I really appreciate your efforts on the English language, but apparently you don't realize that, what it starts being funny ends being tiresome, if repeated ad nauseam.

Please, enjoy your valuable time elsewhere for a little while ( let's say one or two years ) unless you have something more cheerful to say.

best regards

( Please forgive the poor magyar translation )

Arturo,

Your post is sarcastic, patronising and uncalled for. On occasion I find Ferenc's comments to be mildly irritating but he is far from a troll and some might say that his viewpoint balances the welcome and natural Leica euphoria of this forum.

In the post that you attacked he is warning that Leica might not honour its warranty if an M8 was returned to them with (beta) 1.091 firmware and he makes a valid point (although I would be surprised and disappointed if Leica chose to take this stance).

If Ferenc's posts irritate you so much then perhaps you might consider adding him to your ignore list.

Live and let live.

Cordially,

Pete.

The title of this thread should be changed to "LEICA Releases Limited Edition Collector Firmware". Can you imagine what a pristine and uninstalled download of 1.091 will fetch at auction in 20 years??

- N.

ps. you guys rock - I can only imagine the headshaking and laughter engendered in Solms by this amusing incident.

Advertisement (gone after registration)

From what I read of his posts he does not own a M8 but yet he posts negative remarks about it and it's users in almost every thread. That I call trolling. The Leica euphoria on this forum is cause by the camera itself. It is what all people that have ever enjoyed using a Leica film rangefinder have been waiting for. I TRUE Leica M digital camera that can use all M lenses. Does it have flaws, Yes. Do all cameras have flaws, Again YES.

I myself get very tired of seeing Blanko's posts in the M8 threads. Almost to the point of putting him in my ingore list, which at this time is empty.

Do I find some of his posts refreshing, NO. I knew all the flaws of the M8 before I bought one. But that did not stop me from buying the first one I could find, which was from a dealer I will probably never do business with again, once I made up my mind that I wanted a digital M camera, flaws and all.

Arturo,

Your post is sarcastic, patronising and uncalled for. On occasion I find Ferenc's comments to be mildly irritating but he is far from a troll and some might say that his viewpoint balances the welcome and natural Leica euphoria of this forum.

In the post that you attacked he is warning that Leica might not honour its warranty if an M8 was returned to them with (beta) 1.091 firmware and he makes a valid point (although I would be surprised and disappointed if Leica chose to take this stance).

If Ferenc's posts irritate you so much then perhaps you might consider adding him to your ignore list.

Live and let live.

Cordially,

Pete.

I kind of agree with Arturo on the Blasko issue. Not to be misunderstood, I do not object to his English. When I was a wee boy in Hungary we could study English. Blasko may not have had this opportunity. When I was a boyscout there we were optimistic and mostly forward looking. Blasko may not have grown up in that spirit and for this deserves our sympathy. He may be the product of a constantly negative environment that can take a long time to forget. We got away from there more than half a century ago and for this I thank my lucky stars every single day.

As to the message from Arturo, here it is in possibly more comprehensible Hungarian. Though after all those years I can take no pride in my long lost familiarity with that tongue:

Kedves Ferenc barátom, én igazán méltányolom kegyed angolnyelvi eröfeszitéseit de ugylátszik kend nem érti, hogy ami mulatságosnak kezdödik az fárasztóvá válik, ha hányódásig ismétlik.

He nincs valami vidámabb mondhatója kérem élvezze értékes idejét egy darabig , talán két évig, máshol.

I was just in Barcelona over New Year's spreading my hatchet-job espanol from one end of town to the other and everyone was completely respectful despite my no doubt innumerable gafs. I even spoke to a man on the street who was shooting a Leica but could not remember his name later on. Well, I just scratched "Arturo" off the list.

First of all, I want to say that I wasn't bashing Blasko for his skills on English, mine aren't much better. I was only tired of his constant bashing and negative attitude always destroying, never constructive.

That said, I realize it wasn't a polite post and I'm not proud of it. I just got fed up and lost my temper. Please accept my apologies anyone who could have been offended, specially Blasko Ferenc.

I would like to ask you Ferenc, to try to see everything with a more positive approach. You are very good as a devil's advocate, but imagine all the posts here were in the same tone as yours.

Regards

Hi all I am probably being dumb but I cant find the new firmware update 1.091. All I can see in UK or German sites are 1.09 can anyone tell me where to look or if it has been removed.

Many thanks

Yeah sorry all, like always I jumped in at the deep end. Never read the instructions, is the familly motto.

Regards to all.

IMO he qualifies as troll and is therefore on my ignore list.

'nuff said.

Aw come off it folks! I have had my run-ins with Blasko, but I never have been offended. What is the point in having a forum if there is nobody around to disagree with?

I agree with Jaap, Blasko isn't a troll. He uses Leica M film cameras (therefore qualifies as a "Leica user"), and I've never read a post where he's made a personal attack on another forum member. Just because he voices an unflattering view of the M8 isn't a reason to chastise or ridicule him.

Larry

Guest magyarman
IMO he qualifies as troll and is therefore on my ignore list.

'nuff said.

If you want be ignorant to me, this your choose. Plenty guys here want full to top of cop with sacre. Mast to be someone take away libit sacre so is can be place for kaffe