Firmware v.1.91 for M8 available

Philippe D.

• Replies 396
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

This link takes you to German site that still says Firmware 1.09 not 1.091. When I update the camera says 1.09 not 1.091.

Am I missing Something?

Steven Poster ASC

Sorry. I missed a few pages on this thread.

I got excited.

AS I often do about the M8.

Steven

Guest magyarman

Whats happened if your M8 will broken with 1.091 inside and need go to Solms for fix up? You not scare Leica can tell is avoided garantie becaus you not listen them when they tell do not use 1.091?

Guest guy_mancuso

It's not gonna break for one and it is completely under warranty for two. last thing i would worry about. And you can go back to the old firmware anytime you want.

Guest magyarman

Advertisement (gone after registration)

I try tell another so is better to understand. I do not tell is gonna broke becaus 1.091, I tell is can broke for some other, and 1.091 will be stay inside. If is M8 broke like many people got broke, so will be no possibility put back 1.09 before send to Solms. When Solms will opened inside they gonna find it 1.091. They tell yesterday who got 1.091 suppose put back to 1.09. I thing mabe they can to tell "you not followed what we tell, now is avoided garantie". Mabe they gonna be nice do not do that.

Guest guy_mancuso

Not a chance it is under warranty and that is it , end of story. Leica will not do that to anyone because of a firmware problem. This is a scared rabbit mentality and leica will honor this under there warranty. It's THERE software regardless of what version

Blasko, Leica made the firmware available. It's perfectly possible for someone to have downloaded and installed the firmware and not never realised that it had been pulled. Leica will _not_ reject any repairs of a camera using the updated firmware.

Try to say _something_ positive about something.

Hi Mark,

I have gone to this link, but it directs me to 1.09. Where can I download 1.091?
It was only for one hour or so available.

Time enough to get some beta-tester traped.

The feedbacks came much quicker as Leica pull this firmware out from d/l. :D

I have a copy of 1.09 handy, and, as I like what 1.091 is doing, I'm going to continue to work with it.

Coloring outside the box is always fun.

Ok, by popular demand I shall try and make a profile for 1.091 firmware as soon as I can. Ishall also be releasing CS3 and Lightroom profiles as soon as I can make them, for 1.09 . People who need any of these should contact me directly.

Edmund[

Guest guy_mancuso
I think the Mods removed the link, Guy wasn't too happy about the fact that it was an unintended release.

Bob.

Yes I asked Andreas to remove my link. Also JJ from Leica internet asked the same . It was a accident that it hit the German website and we all thought at first it was a real release since it is beta than it should not be publicly available, so I had that post deleted. Sorry folks but it is the right thing to do, I'm personally betting on some final before PMA anyone wanna bet. Just kidding but it would be good for leica to have something ready for the show. Which BTW i will be attending since it is fairly close to me and let's face it I'm a gear head too.

i do plan on trying to report some PMA happenings though. Which will be fun

BTW this release will not hurt the camera, something i would notworry about . Some things may not be stable in functions so do have 1.9 handy