Firmware v.1.91 for M8 available

Philippe D.

Guest guy_mancuso

Advertisement (gone after registration)

I know but I feel bad since i honestly thought it was a real release . Please folks just ignore or go back to 1.09 there are a couple little bugs in 1.091 the fast scrolling and playback sticks. Hopefully the REAL update will be here any time now. Sorry for being so efficient and trying to help both to Leica and members

• Replies 396
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Guy,

Does this remind you of any previous release....?

I shall return mine to v 1.09 just as I returned the DMR to v 1.1...

regards

Jim

p.s. I mentioned in another thread that a sticky thread showing different workflows might be a good idea, what do you think?

Guest guy_mancuso

Update Andreas was able to remove the link to the yousendit file . Even though is was a mistake leica posted it be assured that they have made improvements and as we saw yesterday there certainly are some. So for the number of folks that have tried it you were unofficially beta testing it and let's look at that as a very positive for both us as end users and for leica. Even though it was a mistake they do get some feedback from us and seriously that can be a good thing. Not something normally done but hopefully no one gets in trouble and lets sit tight and wait for the final release of this firmware.

Again from me apologize to both Leica and members for being quick to help folks load this up , I honestly thought it was a official release from Leica and honestly i am a little embarrassed but will get over it. LOL

My best as always

Guy

Guest guy_mancuso
Guy,

Does this remind you of any previous release....?

I shall return mine to v 1.09 just as I returned the DMR to v 1.1...

regards

Jim

p.s. I mentioned in another thread that a sticky thread showing different workflows might be a good idea, what do you think?

Exactly Jim

Yes different workflows sticky would be a great idea and will certain partcipate in that myself

I installed it on my M8 last night and the AWB was SOOOO much better. I took a snap of my son and dog sleeping at ISO 2500 and the AWB, while not perfect, was so much better than previous times I attempted this type of shot. I just now reverted back to the old FW but it was nice while it lasted. Now I can't wait until they "officiall" release it. No harm was done in trying it out though.

Advertisement (gone after registration)

I know but I feel bad since i honestly thought it was a real release . Please folks just ignore or go back to 1.09 there are a couple little bugs in 1.091 the fast scrolling and playback sticks. Hopefully the REAL update will be here any time now. Sorry for being so efficient and trying to help both to Leica and members

I can't see why an apology is necessary. I thank you for being vigilant and finding the firmware so quickly! I, too, was checking frequently for the update but you were faster.

If they post it, it is a real release. i'm not sure why Leica doesn't take it more seriously and the official message indicates that they are "surprised" at how quickly the firmware was picked up. Welcome to the new millennium. Barnak. :D

Guest guy_mancuso

If some of you left 1.091 on your camera , I would suggest having a SD card handy with 1.09 that is a stable version to be able to load in case you run into any issues. I suggest you go back to 1.09 but i know some folks do like what they see. just cover yourself

Guest guy_mancuso
Guy I have started that workflow examples thread.. Can you get us started ?

Yes certainly will this afternoon , need to run to a shoot to do 15 portraits. Which maybe a good sample to work from

there are a couple little bugs in 1.091 the fast scrolling and playback sticks.

I cannot replicate this scrolling/playback bug whatever I try. Could this be SD-card related? I'm using Sandisk Ultra II 1Gb.

yesterday i contacted leica about where the 1.91 disappeared to (before i was able to get it from Guy's site and this is the responce i got this morning

"it was a computer error on our part.

The firmware 1.09 is the newest.

1.10 may be available at the end of March.

Please have a look on our homepage (downloads) from time to time.

Here it will show You the newest firmware.

Thanks"

I cannot replicate this scrolling/playback bug whatever I try. Could this be SD-card related? I'm using Sandisk Ultra II 1Gb.

Me neither - no scrolling problems and I have really tried to get them. I am also using Sandisk but in my case 2Gb Extreme III. Very occasionally get a Play hang but when it does play instantly, which is 95+% of the time, the read of images is sooooo much faster. If all of this is incorporated in final version firmware without the bugs that have been troubling some - good job by Leica - now if they could also get manual lens coding - WOW!

Wilson

nothing new in what i posted below -news travels fast here- but Guy anyone who gives as generously as you do to all here need not apoligize for anything...again it's a communication glithch from leica that's the problem here...anyway it looks like when 1.10 finally does show up it will be what everyone has been hoping it will be

Same here, no problems scrolling or playback with a Transcend 4GB 150x card.

ETA: The firmware also seems to report correctly the number of shots left on the card.

Bob.

I saw both right after i installed the new firmware. I've seen the scrolling a couple of times, but haven't been able te reproduce the playback bug. I'm using a Sandisk extreme III.

Hans

Mr. Viau:

Your accidental upload of a pre-release version of the firmware may have been more fortutious than you thought or realized at the time. I manage a large software development organization for the U.S. Navy so I fully understand the problems, pressures and difficulties associated with software development. In my own case, not wanting to have to fight more political battles than necessary, I am cautious on who we give access to our software before we are ready to release it generally. What I have found is that there are certain groups that will work with us (rather than against us) and can be very helpful in identifying bugs that we missed despite our best efforts to try and find them. As I am sure you know, people will try things you didn't think of because your thought process is different and influenced by what you already know about the software.

While there are always some rotten apples in every barrel, this group as a whole, has a very helpful attitude and is not mean spirited. By and large we own your equipment and like it very much or we wouldn't waste our time here on this site. The bottom line is that you have here a group that can test quickly and provide feedback that can be invaluable in identifying bugs and allowing you to get them fixed. You will also be made aware of new features or requirements that you may not have realized would be of such value to your customers and which no marketing department can match or anticipate. The Internet can be a valuable tool when put to proper and good use.

Whether you decide to utilize this tool or not, I would encourage you to continue to communicate with us. This will do far more good than any harm from those that would put down your products or efforts. I know that in the brief time that I have used this forum I have found it educational and helpful. Yes, I and others sometimes vent our frustrations, but one needs to learn and appreciate the difference between frustrations expressed and product bashing or trolling as it is referred to on the forums. Those are individuals that simply have nothing positive to contribute and enjoy creating misery wherever they can. Most of us just ignore them. I think you will find that there are numerous kind and helpful people on this forum always ready to give their advise and help without any expectation of compensation or more than a friendly thank you.:)

yesterday i contacted leica about where the 1.91 disappeared to (before i was able to get it from Guy's site and this is the responce i got this morning

"it was a computer error on our part.

The firmware 1.09 is the newest.

1.10 may be available at the end of March.

Please have a look on our homepage (downloads) from time to time.

Here it will show You the newest firmware.

Thanks"

Well that is exactly where the 1.091 firmware was posted and where Guy and others originally downloaded it from. It was not on some hidden internal web server or internal Password protected FTP site.