Firmware v.1.91 for M8 available

Philippe D.

• Replies 396
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

In any case, if you look at my original post, I asked if there was any chance he could get the information, hence I didn't think he already had it but with his close relationship might be able to obtain it.

Guy

I have trouble downloading this file. It says it has downloaded 4.4Mb but it still shows as an Excel file rather than a DMG. So if you, or others can help me with this one I would really appreciate it. I also went to Leica's main site and the 1.91 software is not listed in the downloads section. All i found was the 1.9

Help

Woody

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Jaap it does look improved , the wall to me is the giveaway. It's much less yellow or warm tone. So sorry about the loss of your dog.

Now all I am seeing are office shots is it that damn cold out there. LOL

Okay i admit it's a little cold in Phoenix today 60 degree's. LOL

Jaap

My condolences as well. We had a marvelous West Highland Terrier who also made it to 17. That was 8 years ago and truly, I am not over it yet. Makes me fear greatly for what my reaction to the loss of a close human may be!

But I love the acoustic horn player. Is this a modern re-creation or some vintage unit I don't recognize. I am a music lover as well as a camera lover so I am into such arcane things

Condolences

Woody

Guest sirvine

OK, so I'm not totally crazy about the reds looking salmon-y. Aren't those AGAs fire engine red? (And, yes, I'm on my mac now, so calibration should be correct.)

Guy

I have trouble downloading this file. It says it has downloaded 4.4Mb but it still shows as an Excel file rather than a DMG. So if you, or others can help me with this one I would really appreciate it. I also went to Leica's main site and the 1.91 software is not listed in the downloads section. All i found was the 1.9

Help

Woody

Hi Woody

Do you have office 2007? If so, Excel is probably catching .xml files - it won't be a DMG file anyway.

Or are you assuming that because it has an xml extension it's an Excel file?

if it's called m8-1_091.upd.xml - you should simply delete the .xml so that it's called:

m8-1_091.upd

then format the SD card in the camera - then copy this file to the card (root directory) and put it in the camera - when you switch on the camera it should start the update.

I hope this helps

From the sublime to the ridiculous

L1002395.jpg

spot the 3 dead ipods, the old Kaiser Chiefs CD, and the old Linn Deck . . . . and of course, Guy's photo

again - jpg, ISO 640, AWB - it doesn't tidy the office though:o

Jono

sorry to tell you but there is no such thing as an old or obsolete Linn Deck! You just need the latest and greatest updates. LP 12's will never die, nor fade away. They just await Ivor and his magic wands to reappear!

Best

Woody

OK, so I'm not totally crazy about the reds looking salmon-y. Aren't those AGAs fire engine red? (And, yes, I'm on my mac now, so calibration should be correct.)

Well AGA's come in two colours of red - one slightly blueish, and one rather orange (they also change colour when they're hot).

I'm not sure what 'salmony' means. Still, it's nasty mixed lighting, and the M8 hasn't completely copped out on the AWB (as it certainly did before).

by the way, if you're using Firefox you could be seeing almost anything!

It is "Leica has" isn't it? Leica is singular. Just like a sports team "Manchester United has tried to throw the game away".

No I think not!

Even from this side of the "puddle" Leica implies plural (as in 'they") and thus have is correct, not has

But then I am a Yank so what do i know about English!

Woody

Jono

sorry to tell you but there is no such thing as an old or obsolete Linn Deck! You just need the latest and greatest updates. LP 12's will never die, nor fade away. They just await Ivor and his magic wands to reappear!

Best

Woody

Hi Woody.

There certainly is such a thing as an old Linn Deck . . . . . . I never said anything about obsolete! I actually got this one stupidly cheap in around 1992 - when everyone had written off vinyl forever.

My Keith Jarret Sun Bear concerts have been getting a lot of mileage recently.

No I think not!

Even from this side of the "puddle" Leica implies plural (as in 'they") and thus have is correct, not has

But then I am a Yank so what do i know about English!

Woody

Nah. There's a difference between British/English and US/English when it comes to plurals. In countries that follow the British form, some words are natively plural -- "company" is one of them, because a company is composed of many individuals. Leica is company madee up of individual stockholders, and therefore, it is "they."

In the US, business companies are (in most places) legally persons (individuals.) That's why corporations, for example, can be charged with criminal violations, while the government may choose not to charge any individual within the company of a criminal violation. Because in the US many (business) companies are individuals, we would use the singular.

In other words, in Britain, "[The whole bunch of people who make up] Leica say that the camera is not too sensitive to IR."

In the US, "[The legal individual named] Leica says that the camera was designed that way."

JC

Are you people happy with my profiles, or are new profiles needed for the new firmware ?

Edmund

Well I’ve try getting them but the page says data transfer problems... can you look... I would like to try them...

thanks, Steve

Well I’ve try getting them but the page says data transfer problems... can you look... I would like to try them...

thanks, Steve

I'm sorry, at the moment send me an email and I'll send you a file ...

edmundronald at gmail dot com

Edmund

PS I have a new blog entry - if any of you know people in the open-source photo community, could you forward it to them ?

Interesting -- I just had to do a double-take.

I have a 2GB card loaded and am set for hi-res jpg + dng, as usual. The counter on top says 536 (I have taken 3 pairs of pix) instead of an expected 138 or so.

I took this opportunity to check out the max write time, about which I was curious.

I have the M8 set to take both a hi-res jpg and a dng. I set to continuous and shot 10 pix. The camera stayed locked up for 45-47 seconds.

Bill:

I noticed the counter problem too. I formattted the card in the camera and all was well. It my be an incompatibilty between 1.09 formated cards and 1.091 firmware.

Guest guy_mancuso
I was assuming he would get permission, not break his NDA.:o

Well I know as much as anyone at this point pretty much, i knew they were working on 1.10 for sure and I was a bit surprised by 1.091 today . I can certainly ask what bugs were fixed and such. If I was under a NDA or not i still would not devulge any of there secrets though before any release to the public, i deem that as just being a nice guy forget the legal stuff.