Firmware v.1.91 for M8 available

Philippe D.

Advertisement (gone after registration)

So here's Jono's photo of Guy's photo. Done with 1.091, of course. Also 640, but I pushed it an extra stop using C1 on the RAW file. The AWB grabbed the screen image and chose 6400. I tried 1250 and 2500, but they were rougher.

scott

I took it . . .(i.e. the picture of your picture showing my picture showing Guy's picture) . . . and then I thought - no this could go on forever!

Some observations:

1. AWB does definitely seem better - but it still comes adrift sometimes

2. Recognition of coded tri-elmar is still not sorted - 28mm shows 28mm, 35 shows 35mm . . . and 50mm shows 35mm

3. Someone said their 90mm uncoded elmarit was recognised - well, mine ain't!

On the other hand, i haven't seen any nasties.

• Replies 396
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Guest guy_mancuso

Jaap it does look improved , the wall to me is the giveaway. It's much less yellow or warm tone. So sorry about the loss of your dog.

Now all I am seeing are office shots is it that damn cold out there. LOL

Okay i admit it's a little cold in Phoenix today 60 degree's. LOL

It belonged to our dog which died six weeks ago, aged nearly seventeen.He always slept in the study. Patricia refuses to have it removed. I read that as a puppy-hint.

Oh - get one IMMEDIATELY - I am sorry, but there's no mileage in waiting. If you're in doubt get a Bedlington Terrier/Whippet cross - they look just like Irish Wolfhounds, but the size of a whippet - calm and gentle (as long as you ain't no rabbit!).

I still think you're room is wonderful . . . . . the dog's bollocks one might almost say!

Guy, Bill, folks,

Shall I make new profiles for this firmware ?

Edmund

I have only done JPG's, so I'm in no position to say anything definite. It seems though they came down in saturation and midtone contrast.I think it might pay to tweak your existing ones. Your work is really appreciated.

Is there nobody in a timezone who can do daylight DNG shots?

Guy, Bill, folks,

Shall I make new profiles for this firmware ?

Edmund

If the raw files are the same and only the white balance metadata is improved, you shouldn't need to. Can you check to see if your IT8.7 target comes out the same with the newer firmware?

scott

If the raw files are the same and only the white balance metadata is improved, you shouldn't need to. Can you check to see if your IT8.7 target comes out the same with the newer firmware?

scott

I cannot check easily. It seems the picture quality has changed a bit too, from what I've heard. Somebody else here eg. Guy, Jamie, Bill have an opinion?

Edmund

Guest sirvine

Jaapv,

Either you have a lot of magenta books on your shelf or my monitor is mis-calibrated (very possible) or there's something screwy going on with the reds in your last shot? Is it just me?

Guest guy_mancuso

Edmund lets see what happens . i have some corporate portraits tomorow and will run it with them and see how they look. We maybe just fine at the moment. The cyan cast removal when that comes it most likely will need newer profiles. Yours are looking very good so far

Leica was sad that flaming and heating was going down on this forum... so they decided to put the new firmware on the site just for 45 minutes...

they did acheive their goal, 8 pages of comments in a few hours :-)

they'll probably put the firmware back on the site after the morning staff meeting and reading our comments and first impressions :-)

Eric