Sign in to follow this  
Philippe D.

Firmware v.1.91 for M8 available

Guest guy_mancuso

Watch the LCD on playback. Pretty cool idea.

It works very nice folks. Enjoy

Guest guy_mancuso

Just in case your not sure how to upload. Suggestion take a blank formated SD card from the camera. Just format in camera than take it out put it in your SD card redeader and drop the upd file there than put back in camera turn on and it will ask you if you want to update and say yes of course. make sure you have enough power on your battery , It takes about 30 seconds to load.

Watch the LCD on playback. Pretty cool idea.

It works very nice folks. Enjoy

That is a good feature Guy - anything else you have found yet?

Wilson

Guest guy_mancuso

On playback the shutter speed and ISO are on the top of the LCD so on review you know exactly what you shot. Also many bugs have been fixed

This is posted on the German language page, but not on the English page (at least, not yet). Before I do something rash, can someone confirm that it does include English menus? I know, stupid question, but better safe.

It says Lens Detection On/Off rather than Enabled/Disabled.

Wilson

This is posted on the German language page, but not on the English page (at least, not yet). Before I do something rash, can someone confirm that it does include English menus? I know, stupid question, but better safe.

Steve,

Yes

Wilson

Guest guy_mancuso

There is a lot but the grey screen after you let it sleep is gone , it goes to black now. Color and noise have improved also. Yes folks they put a lot into this firmware. So it is worth the upgrade now and hopefully 1.1 will come with the Cyan cast rememdy real soon, i know they have been working on that

Guest guy_mancuso
Steve,

Yes

Wilson

Yes it is in English also. LOL

It has to be said......... it's the 26 feb 2007 and Leica released new firmware, it seems to tie into what they said except for the version. Some progress to quieten the forum noise

On my M8 with a Sandisk Extreme III, it is reading the images much faster on play. Instant from one image to the next now. I think it is writing DNG's a little bit faster too. If anyone has an HC card, it would be interesting to see if it can use that now.

Wilson

Took 110 seconds for mine to update. Also noticed that now the LCD backlight goes out within a second of the menus (used to take 5 min if you didn't touch the shutter release).

When I download with Macintosh Safari, I get a file named m8-1_091.upd.xml, Should I rename the file without the .xml extension.

Yes

Guest guy_mancuso
When I download with Macintosh Safari, I get a file named m8-1_091.upd.xml, Should I rename the file without the .xml extension.

Thanks,

Ken

Yes you can use Firefox also which i use . If your still having trouble let us know i can do a yousendit link