Mouth shutter release

Long time awaited, MQUOO, arrived yesterday to complete the Leitz release shutter family,

just wanted to share.

Nice indeed ! here is a photo of the MQUOO I personally received from Mr Walther Stübner, the Leitz employee who "invented" it and got the patent. After his death, I met his son, who had inherited the patent rights and made 100 copies in 1978, exactly like the original except that they lacked the Leitz logo embossed on the upper protrusion securing the cable release head.

[ATTACH]302941[/ATTACH]

And here Mr Walther Stübner.

[ATTACH]302942[/ATTACH]

• Like 1

Nice indeed ! here is a photo of the MQUOO I personally received from Mr Walther Stübner, the Leitz employee who "invented" it and got the patent. After his death, I met his son, who had inherited the patent rights and made 100 copies in 1978, exactly like the original except that they lacked the Leitz logo embossed on the upper protrusion securing the cable release head.

Pierre, the one on the picture is one of the copies, it is different in shape, this one is squared, than the original one (the one used by the inventor) is pointed shape.

Edited by jc_braconi

Pierre, the one on the picture is one of the copies, it is different in shape, this one is squared, than the original one (the one used by the inventor) is pointed shape.

You are right, Jean-Claude, and here is a photo of my "original" one, where the difference is clearly seen. My memory is not fail-safe any more...

[ATTACH]302988[/ATTACH]

• Like 1