I am scared to get m9 with all the problems

JackLu123

Advertisement (gone after registration)

I love Leicas

My problem is that Leica does not fix the error of the sensor.

Leicas have appeared because M9 with recent serial numbers with the same sensor problem that the first series

So I think a lack of respect for all users,

that in so long since the first problems until the last, he has not solved

It is that very few cases, it is true

Is that nothing is foolproof today, it is true

But I'm wondering why,?

all this time means that Leica install the same sensor defective?

in the list of sensors appears broken M9P · 4.207xxx Leica,

happened since leica for repair received the # 3.4XX XX?

I have taken many film Leicas and digital

I know Leica responds with warranty, but that's not the point

I know that Leica produces the most beautiful images,

I know the feeling Leica

But I can not trust just because they broke a few cameras,

You are satisfied with the solution that gave Leica sensor this issue?

I'm sorry but I do not

regards

I love Leicas

My problem is that Leica does not fix the error of the sensor.

Leicas have appeared because M9 with recent serial numbers with the same sensor problem that the first series

So I think a lack of respect for all users,

that in so long since the first problems until the last, he has not solved

It is that very few cases, it is true

Is that nothing is foolproof today, it is true

But I'm wondering why,?

all this time means that Leica install the same sensor defective?

in the list of sensors appears broken M9P · 4.207xxx Leica,

happened since leica for repair received the # 3.4XX XX?

I have taken many film Leicas and digital

I know Leica responds with warranty, but that's not the point

I know that Leica produces the most beautiful images,

I know the feeling Leica

But I can not trust just because they broke a few cameras,

You are satisfied with the solution that gave Leica sensor this issue?

I'm sorry but I do not

regards

Its as though you want something with zero defects and I don't think there is a camera manufacturer out there that can give you that. They all have issues of some sort.

I am a canon user, I have seen my father using a rangefinder when was young...... I wanted to get my own Leica. I was doing research about Leica, but the more I read about it the more I am worried.

Initally I was worried about the memory card problem, so I have to get specific memory card and cannot view the pictures while data is being transfer.

Now there are postings about cracking sensors, and there is posting on leicarumors.com about this as well......

How often does this happen? Knowing this happens spontaneously would one still get it?

Why you want a Leica, what drives you to buy a M9?

When you bought your Canon, did you searched the internet for Canon problems?

Search the net for Canon Eos problems, i did it and found battery-, focus-, mirror-, card-, blackdotproblems tc.

No one is perfect?

When you have doubt, don't switch. When you are afraid of problems, put away everything that could suffer errors.

Edited by Paul Verrips
  • Like 1

I have had my M9 over a year. No problems whatsoever. Not with memory cards, cracked sensors, nothing except having to clean the sensor 2 times. I also shoot Canons... in that year I have sent 2 of my 3 Canon bodies in and 2 lenses for various issues (mostly electronic). And I am a fan of Canons and their reliability. Stuff happens. I don't believe the M9 is significantly worse than other brands, but this forum is where people come to help solve the problems, so you see a lot of it here.

Oh, yeah... by the way. My brand new BMW X5 had to go in twice in the first year for severe oil leaks.

+1, flawless more than 5K shots, my Nikons have gone in twice and my 750iL 6 times :mad:

Don't buy one then. Move on.

A man of few words but right to the point. Why post something that says why you do not want to buy on a forum of members that feel otherwise.

Andy I have a Blurb book I am working on as well. Keep up the good work on yours.

Advertisement (gone after registration)

I am a canon user, I have seen my father using a rangefinder when was young...... I wanted to get my own Leica. I was doing research about Leica, but the more I read about it the more I am worried.

Initally I was worried about the memory card problem, so I have to get specific memory card and cannot view the pictures while data is being transfer.

Now there are postings about cracking sensors, and there is posting on leicarumors.com about this as well......

How often does this happen? Knowing this happens spontaneously would one still get it?

I would be a bit scared too, especially considering the price of these toys....:)

Jack i would go ahead and buy your M9. As mentioned in previous posts the M9 seems buggy because on a forum all faults come to light making it seem worse than it is. If you go on a Canon 5D mk2 forum you will see the same thing, As you would on a 1Dsmk3 or Nikon D2x site, It's a forum thing, Most people report trouble free photography with their Leicas!

Forget about the problems. Small amounts of people are affected by them.

I bought an M9 a couple weeks ago and am loving it. The pics are well and truly worth it and overshadow any fear I have of the camera failing.

i have been trying for two days to forget about my cracked sensor but it turns out to be rather difficult....after having travelled to japan with the M9 and all my M lenses. rather expensive paperweight. three days ago i bought a fuji XPro 1 out of dispair. with three lenses it costed about what i paid for my second hand 35mm lux gen 1. works so far--)))

peter

My friend took delivery of a brand new D3 last year. It was dead on arrival.

The Mercedes Benz forum is full of "problems" being discussed...I reckon my wife should get rid of all the MB's she has ever owned including the 1995 and 1999 models she still owns and drives even with over 220,000 miles on the odometer?:) I don't think it is wise to base your decisions on the internet forums discussing issues and emotions, but that is just me.;)

i have owned two m9's- and never ever had a serious issue with either. No cracked sensors... I bought the cheapest memory cards from the post office- and never had a problem with them. Trying to estimate reliability of the camera based on forum posts will not work- it's the same as trying to diagnose an illness on the internet- basically the worst case scenarios get written about- as in the saying 'no news is good news'.

My Nikon D3 has a cracked sensor. ( I did not notice until it was cleaned and the cleaner showed it to me. ) I still use it because I cannot see anything wrong on a photo.

The nice thing about the Leica camera's and lenses is: Until now any problem I had with them could be fixed and was fixed. And the nice thing was; I payed for it only once! That was when I had an accident with my M8 camera. All other repairs were under guarantee. ( Even if the problem was not Leica's fault!!! ) . I have never had problems with a camera that was out of guarantee. My first MP broke down in it's third year , no problem, 5 years of guarantee. My M6 titan needed a new shutter after 25 actuations. No problem , guarantee!

My second hand M6 traveller broke down after a week. No problem, it had three months of guarantee! My M9 never broke down, but it's only 1,5 year old.

And of course something will happen to them occasionally. Every mechanical instrument or other tool one uses will be broken one time. IMHO there are perfect cameras as long as you don't use them!.

Nothing is certain but death.

I also payed my anual taxes today.;)

It seems to me the question for these posters is simple: Do you prefer to shoot with a manual, rangefinder camera or with a DSLR? I'm not sure about whether the Leica M9 is more or less reliable than similarity-priced DLSRs, as it is hard to gauge from forums, but what is clear is that the rangefinder system (something only offered by Leica M cameras) is vastly different from DSLRs. People really ought to use the equipment that helps them make the best photos, whether that is a simple, manual system like the Leica M, or the more technologically advanced DSLRs offered by Canon, Nikon, and others.

• Like 1