M6TTL problem of over exposure ???

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Hi,

I use an M6 since one year and since the last few months the light metering has a problem.

It happenes most of the time in low light situation, the camera indicates me a good exposure which is in fact over exposed of usuallty few stops.. for exemple i m using a tmax 400 the real light is f5.6 at 1/30 so he will indicates me f2.8 at 1/15 ... i need to shake the camera to help him to give me the real exposures

on the one side, it teaches me how to read the light less or more, but on the other, it's very annoying when i need to photograph quickly and i have these mistakes.

i ve changed the batteries for new ones but the problem is still here.

does it happen to someone already ?

what should i do ?

thanks,

Noam

i shake the camera but keep the same composition, and i don't meter from the dark area

i m one year familiar with metering of the m system, i ve shoot developp and scan more than 100 films so it's what i ve learn so far...

should i know something particular about the metering ?

thanks

I mean you do realise it's like a large spotmeter, and not like the centre weighted or matrix metering in most other types of camera? If you meter the scene just as you compose it, the chances are that you will under or over expose unless it's an evenly lit subject.

Thinking of the electronics inside the M6TTL and how all this is made I don´t believe you get a different reading by shaking the camera. Check the ASA adjustment on the back side of your body, is it loose?

I don´t believe that. Otherwise I have no idea...

Jo

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By BFMount
      I'm left handed and I think that makes my left eye dominant but not sure. Anyway when I bring the Q to my eye, instinct is to use my left eye. Given the design, I have to think that 'rangefinders' are meant for right eyed use, allowing both eyes in use? Is it possible to train myself to use right eye and keep left eye open? Any one have experience with this problem? I think I've read that gun owners are told to keep both eyes open when using a scope? Is it not worth worrying about, and just use my left eye with right closed?  
    • By 1234
      For unknown reason(s) an oddity is happening with indicated exposure times seen in viewfinder. After making an exposure, for the next two exposures there is no variation in indicated exposure time when panning about with camera. After the third exposure, the indication again varies properly as you pan about different scenes. Then repeats. As if there were an unwanted exposure lock mode in effect for 2nd and 3rd shot of a 3 shot sequence..
      Cannot find any obvious settings error likely to be the cause. The bracketing is set to 0.
      Tried to reload latest firmware but it "completes" in about two seconds so never happened. Does Leica determine the actual present checksum of the loaded firmware and decide that a reload is not necessary??
      What am I missing here? Thanks.

• By inkbox
      My Leica D-Lux 3 that displays (1) a purple color shift for white colors in bright light; and (2) a photos show a green or yellow tint in low light.
      I have looked over the presets and defaults. I cannot find a switch that improves the display.
      I believe that the exposure sensor is damaged or malfunctioning.
      Otherwise, the camera is in good shape cosmetically and according to a review of the presets and default, working correctly.
      A used replacement on Ebay is about $150 to $200.
      My questions are:
      -1- Can I send my camera to the Leica repair for a new sensor for that amount of money? I know about the submission form that requires a maximum repair cost to be stated.
      -2- Is a Leica repaired camera totally checked out and then repaired so as to insure long lasting functioning?
      -3- Is it better to purchase another non-leica camera for $150 to $200 with improved specifications like increased megapixels?
      Thanks for reviewing my questions,
      Inkbox  
      PS I encountered an error when uploading files; although I deleted the upload files, I cannot upload replacements.
      I have used up all of my storage space and cannot locate a delete button in My Attachments. 
    • By twogun
      Over the years I have been fortunate to be able to work and save some extra money to pursue my serious hobby of photography. During this time I've acquired an M2, M4 Black Chrome, M4-P and M6 TTL. All bodies are in excellent condition and used regularly on rotation. 
      But now .....I'm lusting after an MP Black Paint since I prefer to have a meter - - It's is not a logical thought process. Why get an MP when I already have the combined functions of an MP in all my current bodies? .......and If I decide to get it I will have to sell a few bodies to fund it fully.  So at the end would it be worth it going with an MP and sacrificing the older bodies for it?  I know this is such an objective question - and everyone's circumstances are different and I might be going thru an episode of "GAS" but looking for opinions to keep me out of it or going thru with getting an MP .
    • By H.Schmidt
      Liebe Forumsmitglieder,
      nach längerem Suchen stelle ich fest, daß es zu meiner Frage (s. Title) keine kurze und knackige Antwort gibt. Es ufert oft aus mit den Statements bishin zu der Frage "Warum will man mit einer Leica überhaupt blitzen." 😳. Könnte evtl. jemand von den Experten einfach nur eine kurze Aufstellung posten, mit welchen Blitzen man die TTL-Funktion der M6 TTL nutzen kann.
      Danke schonmal
      Hartmut