Leica Service Australia

doronski

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Just pulling this back to from the deep.  I'm intending to send my M9 in for sensor replacement, service, and a quote on possible upgrade to M9-P, if this option is still available.  Should I contact Leica Australia, or go directly to the mothership?  I'd prefer to deal directly with the mothership, but I'll deal with Leica Australia if I have to.

Leica Camera Australia would send your M9 to Camera Clinic in any case and you could also deal directly with them. I understand that they are able to perform sensor replacements here in Australia now but you could check with them.

You can of course deal directly with Wetzlar if you like. You would be responsible for the Customs obligations here and into Gernany and the freight and insurance to Germany. I don't know whether that upgrade option is still available though. Perhaps email customer support in Wetzlar first ?

I just noticed that this thread came back from the deep but has amnesia for the last whole year! I'm not sure what popped up that we replied to from 12 months ago! I guess that the original poster has his camera back now.

• 5 months later...

I suggest that you use Camera Clinic for sure. I am not aware of anyone in Brisbane doing any kind of servicing for your camera in any case and Camera Clinic is the only authorised repairer in Australia.
Digi direct are an authorised M system SELLER. They would have to send to Camera Clinic for any servicing requirement in any case. If there is an issue that cannot be repaired by them, then they would then need to send it to Wetzlar for you.
10 -15 days would be a very fast turnaround! 

Edited by hoppyman

• 2 months later...

Hillavoider,   Try this link.  https://leicarumors.com/2017/11/28/leica-updated-their-ccd-sensor-upgrade-pricing-in-the-us.aspx/#more-49926    Then just Google the AUD conversion.  You can also call Camera Clinic in Collingwood, VIC as they repair the M camera sensors, so I have been told.   r/ Mark

Edited by LeicaR10

• 7 months later...

Advertisement (gone after registration)

An update on Camera Electronic in Perth: Aside from "CLA-ing" my various "M"s, they have now also done a nickel 50 Elmar and a couple of months ago, a collapsible "M" 90/f4 Elmar.

From my experience over the years from 2012 to date; I can totally recommend them and they will continue to service my cameras.

Just one thing which has nothing to do with their performance: The distance between Melbourne and Perth is 2720 km direct and 3420 km by road.

It always (by post) takes between 8 and 10 days to send a camera from Rosebud (around 70km south of Melbourne) to Perth city, and between 12 and 20 hours to come back.

If sending from Victoria, expect this kind of postal performance. (Can't comment on other states).

David