Sign in to follow this  
tollie

Woodland Waterfall

Advertisement (gone after registration)

A walk in the woods in west central Virginia.

M9 50mm pre asph summilux, .5 sec f16

Many thanks for looking and especially for your comments.

Todd,

A lovely picture with great composition, the lovely colors, the sunlight and the sharpness. I like the way the slow shutter speed enhances the smooth creamy treatment of the running water.

Paul

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Coppereye1960
      I shot with Canon 5Ds until about 3 years ago when I went for a dalliance with Fuji then let my heart take over and invested heavily in the Leica M series.  My first lens was the Summicron 50mm an ex demo but mint condition from Classic Cameras in London.  Before this my goto focal length was between 80mm and 200mm with a canon 85mm 1.8 my favourite (there is a faster 85mm but the difference in IQ is not worth the extra money).  My second lens was the Leica 90mm Summicron APO - obviously going to be my favourite lens...... errr no I have used it a couple of times on Weddings but seem to go back to 50mm or the 28mm of the Q.  I have started to collect 50mm lenses and I have:
      50mm Summicron f2
      50mm Summilux f1.4
      50mm Elmar f3.5 Collapsible
      50mm 7Artisans f1.1 <-----------------dirt cheap but quite a character
      I'm at the point where perhaps I need to trim the number of 50mm's I have.  I have an M10, Monochrom (CCD version) and M3 and can't use all three at the same time (I've tried).  I like the Summilux and will keep that and then collapsible Elmar on the M3 or Monochrom renders character images.  
      I have a couple of options for my main 50mm which is the 50mm Summicron APO or the 50 Noctilux.  So I think the Summicron f2 will need to go and probably the 7Artisans.  I could take the 90mm out of the mix as I have an S-E with a 120mm lens and its not a lens I've used much.
      Has anyone used both the Summicron APO and Noctilux?  As I like shooting in low light does the Noctilux  have the edge or for my portrait work would the summicron APO be better.  
      I'm driving myself to distraction over this.  I have found that Leica owners are constructive and less likely to threaten violence if someone has an opposite opinion.  

Paul
    • By Vieri
      Seljalandsfoss is one of the most famous and photographed waterfalls in Iceland, most known for being photographed from behind the water. Since I like to go to Iceland in winter, both for my Workshops and for my personal work, that is never possible: the access to the waterfall's back is closed due to the snow. This, however, opens up new creative possibilities to portray this amazing waterfall surrounded by icicles and looking like it's digging in the snow. Black & white, for me, was the obvious choice for this.
        Leica SL, Voigtlander 15mm and filters Formatt-Hitech Firecrest Ultra.   Hello guest! Please register or sign in to view the hidden content. Hallo Gast! Du willst die Bilder sehen? Einfach registrieren oder anmelden!   Thank you for viewing, best regards   Vieri
    • By Vieri
      A stormy sunset at Allt a Chapuill, taken during one Workshop I led on the Isle of Arran in Scotland in spring 2017. Leica S (Typ 007), Leica Super-Elmar-S 24mm and Formatt-Hitech Firecrest filters.
        Hello guest! Please register or sign in to view the hidden content. Hallo Gast! Du willst die Bilder sehen? Einfach registrieren oder anmelden!   Thank you for viewing, best regards   Vieri
    • By Photos_By_Cowz
      Hi folks,

I see all sorts of exotic places in this forum.  Here are some pics I have taken in my neck of the woods.  I live in Gordon (a southern suburb) in Canberra, Australian Capital Territory, Australia....

Hello guest! Please register or sign in to view the hidden content. Hallo Gast! Du willst die Bilder sehen? Einfach registrieren oder anmelden!
      Hello guest! Please register or sign in to view the hidden content. Hallo Gast! Du willst die Bilder sehen? Einfach registrieren oder anmelden!