Winner Palermo Daytime Challenge

farnz

Advertisement (gone after registration)

We have a winner of the 2011 Palermo Daytime One Challenge!

4,200 views of the image thread has lead to 93 forum members (up from last year's 73) voting for their top three images and the results are:

FIRST PLACE with 76 votes: "While the world falls apart" by Mauribix (Maurizio Beucci)

SECOND PLACE with 65 votes: "Mean Rivalry" by Topfloor (Carsten Fisher)

THIRD PLACE with 56 votes: "Wearily homeward" by Spylaw4 (Brian Parkes)

The full list with point is as follows:

1st D12 Mauribix: While the world falls apart 76

2nd D4 Topfloor: Mean Rivalry 65

3rd D3 Spylaw4: Wearily homeward 56

4th= D7 Ferdinand: The Cobbler 53

4th= D8 JanaStein: Marionette shop 53

6th D18 Lanetomlane: What Ring? 52

7th D9 Erl: Street Beggar's Mate 39

8th D11 Larsv: Father and sons, a family business 33

9th D13 Nick De Marco: Angel of Garraffello 22

10th= D14 Farnz: You Wanna Sleep Wid da Fishes? 21

10th= D16 Ripon Ray: Portrait of an Artisan 21

12th= D1 Andybarton: Supper 19

12th= D6 David Stein: Bicycle 19

14th D2 Bill : Racing the Piss 8

15th= JD10 ono Slack: Palermo Cool 7

15th= D17 StS: Feelings Inside 7

17th D5 DanBachmann: Behind the Frame 4

18th D15 Octo : Busy Day 3

A MASSIVE thank you to everyone and their 'support crews' who made the journey to Palermo and took part to make it such an enjoyable One Challenge for 2011! Without you there is no One Challenge. Special thanks to Larsv, DanBachmann, and Ripon Ray who participated for the first time, and I hope you enjoyed enough to want to return in 2012 for the Copenhagen One Challenge.

Thank you to the One Challenge Committee for their help when I needed it and particularly to Andy Barton for his help and patience.

Lastly, but not leastly, a huge congratulations to the winners but particularly to Mauribix for his excellent winning entry.

I hope to see you all again in Copenhagen, and if you've liked what you've seen but didn't manage to make it to Palermo this year then you'll be most welcome in Copenhagen next year!

Pete.

2011 One Challenge Organiser.

• Like 19

My congratulations to Maurizio & Carsten - super images both, and to all those who ventured South and took part.

My thanks also to all who took the trouble to visit the thread, view the images and vote.

Lastly and by no means least we all owe a great deal to Pete for the organisation - well done!

• Like 3

Mauritio, Carsten and Brian, you all have my hearty congratulations. I have enjoyed 'patiently' waitng for your identities to be revealed and in fact to recognize the owners of all the images that I did not recognize. ;) It is fun trying to put faces to images. :D

To the other participants, I salute you as worthy opponents and wish that I may make it to Copenhagen next year to 'rattle the cans' with you all.

Thank you Pete for your special efforts in the success, along with your other worthy helpers.

• Like 3

Hello folks!

It's a huge, true heart pleasure to see how this ended then.

Unfortunately I had no opportunity to get in time for voting, but that's not bad, since I would have been too uncertain whether to choose only three frames.

The fact that I've seen many beautiful pictures, and that I could be spotted as the most "liked" it's really an honor. Thank you so much my friend.

I'm really joyful in my heart.

Palermo has been an awesome destination, I'm glad we did it, and I'm happy to be with you next year too!

A great thank to Pete for the organization of this, a big hug to Erl who took me a beautiful print from his land, and once again a very special thank to all of you who voted and to those who were there in Palermo!

I miss you guys.

Your friend Maurizio.

Edited by Mauribix
  • Like 3