Leica Vidom "military engravings"

I hope someone can help me. Is there a viewfinder VIDOM existing with German military engravings like "Reichsadler" (German eagle) or do we talk about a fake? Thanks a lot

Yes , it exist, very rare one!

Also few, handful, VIOOH are known.

BUT, we have to do very cautious, we must to see the fonts.

I've researched a lot in this field (and I'm still on...) post a photo if you have...

Edited by sabears

Sorry for the poor quality of quick scan... :o; this VIDOM is reported by James Lager in his book on accessories. Also the VIOOH finder had a military version (marked "W.H." - "Wermacht Heer") which was a modified one - to be used reversed.

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

Sorry for the poor quality of quick scan... :o; this VIDOM is reported by James Lager in his book on accessories. Also the VIOOH finder had a military version (marked "W.H." - "Wermacht Heer") which was a modified one - to be used reversed.

Right Luigi !

This is one of the two variants of KM Vidom (I was forgetting: all the viewfinders with reichsadler are KM ones).

Jim shows all the three versions on his interesting book "Wehrmacht Leica": here there are photos of two VIDOM (two variants) and two VIOOH (one variant), one of these VIDOM was sold yesterday by IGAVEL...do not ask for how much:cool:

I hope someone can help me. Is there a viewfinder VIDOM existing with German military engravings like "Reichsadler" (German eagle) or do we talk about a fake? Thanks a lot

Ah, ...if you're thinking to that seen recently on the e... let it go :D

Thank you all. Seems that the one offered to me was just a fake. But I will continue searching for it......

Here some photos of the "W.haven" engraving on a VIOOH in my Fontenelle Collection

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...
Here some photos of the "W.haven" engraving on a VIOOH in my Fontenelle Collection

Wow!

After seeing this I wish I'd kept my 1942 W. haven KM IIIC with the KM Xenon 50mm............wonder how many KM Elmar 35mm lenses were made for Wilhelmshaven branch? ~ I bet less then 20

Tom

• 3 years later...

I know I'm digging up a dead thread, but I think this might be a military VIDOM.  It doesn't have an Eagle or Swastika, but just the number K40 stamped in the accessory shoe.  Opinions?

Edited by GeorgeDexter

This is the only possible military finder ( really a close up device) I can contribute from my collection. lager and others have shown similar ones, but still not too common I think, especially Heer.  I have had it for 30 years, so maybe it is original.  Regards