• ×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Content

• By tdodington
      I have a new M10-P and have installed latest firmware, 12/2018, with fast Lexar 128GB 1000x memory card.  The other night I went out to photo sunset, but the MENU button would not work, managed some pix, removed battery, switched on and off a few times, finally all OK.  I have NEVER had an unreliable Leica (or Nikon), and for $8000.  Tonight I went to make a picture and the LIVE button wouldn't work, nor the MENU button, and the display of ISO was weak and dim (fresh battery).  In  a few minutes all working OK.  Has anyone else had similar troubles with M10 or M10-P? My Leica Q and digital M never gave me a bit of trouble.
    • By SonomaBear
      "New Editing and Sharing Capabilities with Leica FOTOS
      Leica Camera introduces Leica FOTOS, a brand new mobile app which offers Leica photographers the tools to stay connected easily through a single app. Compatible with almost any Wi-Fi enabled Leica camera, the new app allows photographers to capture unforgettable moments remotely, transfer, edit and share images quickly, easily and on-the-go.
      The Leica FOTOS app makes it easy to connect a smartphone to a Leica camera with the easy instructions provided at the start. All current Wi-Fi enabled Leica Cameras can be connected to the Leica FOTOS App. The app will automatically save all Leica camera credentials to instantly connect the next time it is used with the phone.
      Leica FOTOS enables photographers to access the Live View function of the camera and remotely change exposure-relevant settings such as the aperture, the ISO value, the shutter speed and exposure compensation from a smartphone. It naturally also allows wireless control of the shutter release, which opens up entirely new creative opportunities. Leica FOTOS can be used for this in combination with many popular software tools, ranging from Adobe® Lightroom®Mobile® to VSCO®.
      The Leica FOTOS app currently supports Leica S (Typ 007), Leica SL, Leica M10, Leica M10-P, Leica Q, Leica TL2, Leica TL, Leica T, Leica CL, Leica D-Lux and Leica V-Lux cameras.
      Beginning today, Leica customers can register for a free beta-version of the Leica FOTOS app for iOS and Android devices at fotosapp.leica-camera.com. The app will continue to be available free of charge after completion of the beta-evaluation phase.
      Read more: https://leicarumors.com/2018/09/25/leica-camera-unveils-five-major-announcements-at-photokina.aspx/#ixzz5S83ulyaC"

I thought that starting this Topic would help all of us share our findings when the software is released.
      This is thrilling for those of us shooting RAW only and trying to get them into Lightroom Mobile!
      Stay tuned...

PS: how do I edit the topic title to correct spelling?
    • By schattenundlicht
      Although the pro/ con discussion has been beaten to death in numerous forums, I feel obliged to urge my fellow Leicaists:

1. Use filters, use filters, use filters!
      2. Better still: close hip bag properly
      Hello guest! Please register or sign in to view the hidden content. Hallo Gast! Du willst die Bilder sehen? Einfach registrieren oder anmelden!  
      40 years of accident free photography passed by in an instant...

M7 & Cron 50 V with Leica UV filter after full drop on asphalt. Body and lens elements seem to be miraculously undamaged (besides minor mark on retractable hood). Focusing is butter smooth and aperture clicks softly (lens and camera visited Wetzlar half a year ago for a full CLA). I still have to find a way to remove the filter, though, which seems cold-welded to the lens thread...

Kind regards
      Mathias

Hello guest! Please register or sign in to view the hidden content. Hallo Gast! Du willst die Bilder sehen? Einfach registrieren oder anmelden!
    • By Leitzfan
      Has anyone ever gotten their DMR to interface w/ their PC?  The DMR Owners Manual says that it can, "w/Firewire cable..."  I've tried w/Firewire-to-USB adapter (since I don't have a Firewire socket; but I've never gotten it to work.

Any suggestions?  My PC Operating Sys. are: Windows 7, Windows 10, I even have an old XP machine somewhere.  None seem to work w/ my DMR.  DMR operates fine on its own, however.
    • By 9euf
      Hi all,

I recently hit on a Summicron 50mm and bought it. Now I need a ND filter, preferably a variable one, as I'll be shooting open.
      Could you recommend me one ? I live in Europe and would appreciate if you can also tell me where I can buy it. Sometimes it's hard to find a certain model.

Thanks and wish you all a good weekend.

N.