R - A candid portrait.

Prosophos

I have no idea who the woman is but the way you present her in this portrait makes me think she could easily be (if she isn't) a famous person like a best selling author :-). Wonderful subject and background.

BTW I checked out your blog and enjoyed your photos with the 40mm Nokton. I've been thinking about an alternative to my 50mm Summilux ASPH (that won't break the bank) for those times when I don't want clinical sharpness. I have a 35mm Summicron ASPH so I don't know if it would make any sense to purchase a 40mm focal length lens? Your Nokton images are superb.

I have no idea who the woman is but the way you present her in this portrait makes me think she could easily be (if she isn't) a famous person like a best selling author :-). Wonderful subject and background.

BTW I checked out your blog and enjoyed your photos with the 40mm Nokton. I've been thinking about an alternative to my 50mm Summilux ASPH (that won't break the bank) for those times when I don't want clinical sharpness. I have a 35mm Summicron ASPH so I don't know if it would make any sense to purchase a 40mm focal length lens? Your Nokton images are superb.

Thank you Wilfredo - extremely generous of you.

She *is* a famous person... famous in my neighbourhood ;)

I believe the 40 Nokton makes complete sense for you as it fits in between your 50 and 35 and can play the role of both, simultaneously, in a small package - ultimate versatility.

I posted a write-up of the 40 Nokton, describing in detail this lens' virtues and how it can act as both a 50 and 35. If you want to read it, please see here:

The Voigtländer Nokton 40mm f/1.4. | P r o s o p h o s

And if you want to see more photos I've taken with the 40 Nokton, please see here:

Voigtländer Nokton 40mm f/1.4 | P r o s o p h o s

Thanks again for your nice comments,

Peter.

P r o s o p h o s | A daily photo-blog of my thoughts, projects, and inspiration.