New Digital Challenge *with Surprise*

robert_parker

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Hello Everyone

It's my pleasure to launch the D Lux 4 / 5 Challenge Number 12.

This time round we've built in an extra surprise, to add to the fun....:cool:....

The surprise is that as an experiment, as well as being open to the excellent current D Lux 4 and 5 models, this particular event is open to any of the past or present digital compacts that have resulted from a collaboration between Leica and Panasonic.

Consequently if you have a C- Lux 1 or 2 that is looking a little forlorn on the shelf, a V Lux 20 or 30 straight out of the shop, or a beautiful Digilux 1 or 2 just sat there rearing to go, now they can come to the party !!

The subject of the challenge will be 'Nation' (that's 'Nation' in German :)).

The intention is that the subject be interpreted in as wide a range of ways as your cameras permit, so for instance 'Nation' might be interpreted as an image which illustrates something about the people or the culture of the country you are in or the country you come from, or some event taking place which is of national significance. Just as easily it could be a picture of what is going on on an ordinary day in your locality, such as a local street scene, or a landscape from the area in which you live. Uniquely, as the D-Lux and C Lux cameras also have a mode optimised for photographing food, that might also be a possibility.....:)

The rules and timings are below

Good luck to all (Viel Glück)

Edited by robert_parker
  • Like 3

Now for the rules..:eek:

Well, there aren't many actually....:D

The competition begins immediately.

The shooting runs from now for just a little over two weeks, until Midnight on Sunday 25th September, using your own local time.

You may submit only one image.

Images should be posted in the thread which will shortly appear for the purpose.

For fun, please give your image a title, but do not tell us which camera took the image (I will ask you this later via PM, so we can tell everyone at the end).

Image dimensions and filesizes should match the forum standards.

At Midnight GMT on Monday 26th September, I will launch a tread to allow voting.

As usual, you should vote for your favourite three images. You can only vote once.

The image which is in your opinion the best should receive 3 points, the second best two points and the third best one point.

It is essentail that you cast three votes. Any less than three will be ignored.

You are welcome to comment on the images as posted in the image thread, or after the competetion is finished but not in the voting thread, so that you don't influence other voters at that stage.

Voting will continue until Midnight on Sunday 2nd October using your local time.

Once voting has closed, I will count the votes, announce the result and disclose the camera that has taken the image.

The winner will then be able to set a new theme for the competition. :D

Edited by robert_parker

... Consequently if you have a C- Lux 1 or 2 that is looking a little forlorn on the shelf, a V Lux 20 or 30 straight out of the shop, or a beautiful Digilux 1 or 2 just sat there rearing to go, now they can come to the party !! ...

V-Luxes 1 and 2 are not allowed?

Advertisement (gone after registration)

If the camera is made by Leica / Panasonic collaboration, it is allowed

So we have

D-Lux

D-Lux 2

D-Lux 3

D-Lux 4

D-Lux 5

C-Lux 1

C-Lux 2

C-Lux 3

V-Lux 1

V-Lux 2

V-Lux 20

V-Lux 30

Digilux 1

Digilux 2

Digilux 3

Not allowed are

Digilux 4.3

Digilux Zoom

because this was a cooperation with Fuji.

Thank you Robert, this was a great idea. IMO this should be the rules in the future too, because I did not own a D-Lux 4 or 5 :D

• Like 1

If the camera is made by Leica / Panasonic collaboration, it is allowed

So we have

D-Lux

D-Lux 2

D-Lux 3

D-Lux 4

D-Lux 5

C-Lux 1

C-Lux 2

C-Lux 3

V-Lux 1

V-Lux 2

V-Lux 20

V-Lux 30

Digilux 1

Digilux 2

Digilux 3

Not allowed are

Digilux 4.3

Digilux Zoom

because this was a cooperation with Fuji.

Thank you Robert, this was a great idea. IMO this should be the rules in the future too, because I did not own a D-Lux 4 or 5 :D

There are that many Leica/Panasonic cameras? Many people will be able to participate I guess. Thank you Robert! :)

• Like 1

• 6 months later...
Hello Everyone

It's my pleasure to launch the D Lux 4 / 5 Challenge Number 12.

This time round we've built in an extra surprise, to add to the fun....:cool:....

The surprise is that as an experiment, as well as being open to the excellent current D Lux 4 and 5 models, this particular event is open to any of the past or present digital compacts that have resulted from a collaboration between Leica and Panasonic.

Consequently if you have a C- Lux 1 or 2 that is looking a little forlorn on the shelf, a V Lux 20 or 30 straight out of the shop, or a beautiful Digilux 1 or 2 just sat there rearing to go, now they can come to the party !!

The subject of the challenge will be 'Nation' (that's 'Nation' in German :)).

The intention is that the subject be interpreted in as wide a range of ways as your cameras permit, so for instance 'Nation' might be interpreted as an image which illustrates something about the people or the culture of the country you are in or the country you come from, or some event taking place which is of national significance. Just as easily it could be a picture of what is going on on an ordinary day in your locality, such as a local street scene, or a landscape from the area in which you live. Uniquely, as the D-Lux and C Lux cameras also have a mode optimised for photographing food, that might also be a possibility.....:)

The rules and timings are below

Good luck to all (Viel Glück)

Hi, I am new to this forum. Can you tell me many more online events for photography that i can participate...