The Story of an Old Lady

TerenceYam

Advertisement (gone after registration)

I was taking pictures in an old district of Changsha China, which will be demolished by the city Government for building new high-rise buildings soon. I met this lovely old lady who told me a lot of stories about this old district which existed for more than 130 years. She once asked me if there is anyone living in the sky since people can fly now. An adorable old lady. :)

Taken by Leica M6 with 35mm summicron (6 ele) on Fuji RVP.

6118842003_5a55029d7f_o.jpg

• Like 4

The neighour of this old lady has received the compensation from the Government and left with their children. The only thing left at the front door was an empty chair.

6119842992_805e2b1984_o.jpg

ps: please let me know if the size (1024 pixel) of this photo is too tall for comfortable viewing. 1024 pixel looks fine with landscape orientation.

• Like 1

The kids, not knowing that their home will be brought down soon, are still having fun in their little playground. This little girl spotted me taking pictures of them, and asked, "Why are you taking pictures of me? Are you a reporter?" :p

6120003635_62e198087a_o.jpg

Edited by TerenceYam
Typo....

Thanks all~ It's my pleasrure to share photos with you and hear all the recommendations.

I really enjoy using Leica camera to take pictures. I have been using Nikon SLR system for the past ten years, from F100 to D100, from D100 to finally D3. I used to carry at least two Nikon lens with me when I went out for shooting, e.g. AFS 17-35 & AFS 24-70.

After I laid my hands on Leica system....I started with a Leica M6 and a 35mm Summicron 6 ele, I felt that my Nikon system weights like a ROCK! For snapshots, Leica system is much better and less intrusive to the object. They feel less offended and less distanced from the photographer.

I have sold my 35mm Summicron and now process of a 35mm Summilux pre-asph and a 50mm Summilux pre-asph Black Paint to match with my M6 Millenium body. I just started an one-year photo documentary project of taking pictures of a very interesting Fruit Market in Hong Kong. They operates from 10pm to the morning in the next day. I am shooting only B&W film. I wish I can nail some decent shots later and share with you all.

Cheers,

Terence

Terence, most enjoyable series. Supreme color work. Touching and delicate presentation.

I frequently wish that this forum would offer a category for photo essays. It would take us all to greater depths....as viewers and participants.

• Like 1