"Do you know this building?" Game Thread

kokoshawnuff

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Slovenia is small but very versatile. Mountains, mountain lakes, caves, vineyards, sea-coast, cute towns... and very safe. Meanwhile, I've been in states many times, spent short period in california 20 years ago, and I liked them too! On general, world is nice.

https://pbase.com/matijabarbic  

• 1 month later...
On 4/30/2023 at 11:15 AM, MaticB said:

Slovenia is small but very versatile. Mountains, mountain lakes, caves, vineyards, sea-coast, cute towns... and very safe. Meanwhile, I've been in states many times, spent short period in california 20 years ago, and I liked them too! On general, world is nice.

https://pbase.com/matijabarbic  

Hello MaticB,

Just a reminder. It is your turn to provide us with a picture.

Best Regards,

Michael

Ok, here it is. Where stands this bridge, created by who, how it is called?

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

31 minutes ago, jdlaing said:

I do. I want Michael Geshlecht to guess it so he can post a picture.

Hello JD & MaticB,

That is very kind of you to offer. Unfortunately I do not have the equipment to put a photo into the computer at this time. This is 1 of the reasons that I guess close to the answer. But, no too close.

Hopefully, 1 day I will have the appropriate equipment & then I will be glad to Post photos in the various "Where In The World", etc. Threads.

In the mean time, it would be better if another person Posted a photo. Hopefully a photo that is as nice as MaticB's, or 1 of JD's, photos.

Best Regards,

Michael

3 minutes ago, Michael Geschlecht said:

Hello JD & MaticB,

That is very kind of you to offer. Unfortunately I do not have the equipment to put a photo into the computer at this time. This is 1 of the reasons that I guess close to the answer. But, no too close.

Hopefully, 1 day I will have the appropriate equipment & then I will be glad to Post photos in the various "Where In The World", etc. Threads.

In the mean time, it would be better if another person Posted a photo. Hopefully a photo that is as nice as MaticB's, or 1 of JD's, photos.

Best Regards,

Michael

Do you own a cellphone?

The Cobblers' Bridge, Ljubljana by Joze Plecnik.

Not one of his best works, but this was an exceptional architect, really well known and prolific. He did many great projects in Ljubljana as well as Prague and Vienna in the styles of the Viennese Secession and Art Nouveau. His work is often compared to Otto Wagner.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, war said:

The Cobblers' Bridge, Ljubljana by Joze Plecnik.

Not one of his best works, but this was an exceptional architect, really well known and prolific. He did many great projects in Ljubljana as well as Prague and Vienna in the styles of the Viennese Secession and Art Nouveau. His work is often compared to Otto Wagner.

Well done! We, Ljubljana inhabitants, admire his every work with appreciation. Photographing the bridge in different times of the year and different times of the day is always inspiring!

Edited by MaticB

That was easy knowing that you are from Slovenia and having visited your country just three months ago. 

We move to another country now. Name of place/building and architect please.

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

3 hours ago, AZach said:

I think the picture is taken at Makrygianni St. of Athens and the building is the New Acropolis Museum by Bernard Tschumi.

Great, you couldn't be more accurate, even down to the street name. The museum experience is incredible but will not be complete until the British Museum returns the Elgin Marbles to this building that was built to display them. 

Please show us a new one!

• Thanks 1