"Do you know this building?" Game Thread

kokoshawnuff

Here is the next one:

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

Primatiale Saint-Jean de Lyon, France

It's a cathedral. I have to little time to find an image of the proof I was there but I'll take some time for that. (It was a holiday we were ij Siwtiserland,outlook was it would rain for three days, so we left for a short break, . .  but when?)

Then I'll propose to change the rules. 

Some more info.

Edited by Alberti

Your turn. No need of proof that you have been there.

I think that it does not make much sense to use Google picture search, because then we can stop this thread right away (of course you could choose buildings that are not on Google at all but then we would end up posting garden sheds and the like).  I also think that we do not need rules for everything but try it with common sense (although this may be too optimistic and reminds me of a cartoon from last year where Charlie Brown says to Snoopy "To fight the pandemic, we have to rely on common sense" and Snoopy responds: "We are doomed" ;-))

OK. It is this Dutch trait many of my compatriot(te)s have over here . . .😚.

You know, I once posted a picture after in LR wiping away the name on the building . . . would be too easy. Then someone came back with what originally was written there. 

But I'll try to make it hard without going into a pars pro toto.

Here we go.

This is a picture of a market on a town square, and I like to know what the building is that is being renovated (noi ci siamo a casa) (per Lei chi se siente a casa . . .)

How many churches once stood on this square, by the way?

M8 15mm SWH

Edited by Alberti

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Hello Everybody,

Could we be somewhere in Italy?

By the way, I like trying to discover where it is by, having been there, looking at the type of sky, type of plants, what kind of soil, architecture, etc.

This is a large part of what what makes all of the "Where in the World", "Sky", "Architecture", "Etc." Games interesting & fun.

Best Regards,

Michael

I rather think this could be in Switzerland. It reminds me of a Piazza in the city of Bellinzona, but I can't remember what the building under construction used to house. Town hall, perhaps, or a  library?

The building in this complex undergoing one of many renovations since it's construction c.1400 is the Palazzo Isolani. The scrim covering the construction indicates what the windows and cornice underneath are like. No longer a casa, given over to commercial interests. The Bologna temporary market is on the Piazza della Sette Chiese, or Sette Croci (so 7 churches would be my guess) 

So apt! Great you win. 👏 Its the Isolani palace indeed in Bologna. The book on Gullivers travels might be on sale there by now in the new mall, or is an example of the ups and down that the savings bank will help you out with?. 

You get seven crosses!😁

So your turn.

Thanks. Here is a new one for those of you who aren't too "tired" hint hint

Let's get the location, the name of the building and extra credit for the name of even one of the two architects.

• 4 weeks later...