"Do you know this building?" Game Thread

kokoshawnuff

2 hours ago, Michael Geschlecht said:

Hello JD,

Too late. I think that someone already said that in Post # 3216, just above. You will have to wait for another chance to win & let them Post the next photo.

Best Regards,

Michael

Michael,

To be clear, it’s my photo and all I did is identify the state. 
You still need to name the building and it’s location.

This one is not easy.

Ain’t nobody won anything yet.

20 hours ago, adan said:

If you're going to get picky....

The westernmost point in a US State is Amatignak Island, Alaska (179° 8′ 55″ WEST longitude). The easternmost point in a US State is Pochnoi Point, Alaska (179° 46' 23" EAST longitude).

With the convention that West is always west of East, then the US comprises 359° 54' of longitude (with interruptions  for oceans and non-US land). Divided into thirds ("West, Center, East") - the western third reaches from Amatignak Island eastward to 60°W (in the Atlantic Ocean) Which puts ALL of the US in the western third (except for a few other Aleut islands).

The center third extends from long. 60° W to long. 60°E (the Ural Mountains, and centered on the Greenwich Meridian and London), and the eastern third stretches from the Urals to Alaska.

Nevertheless, California, Oregon, and Washington are on the so-called West Coast of the US, and Alabama (almost) and Maine are on the so-called East Coast of the US.

"When in the US, do as the Americans 

Point Udall, Guam.

Edited by jdlaing
Correction.

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Westernmost points[edit]

Map this section's coordinates using:OpenStreetMap 
Download coordinates as: KML · GPX
  • Thanks 1

19 hours ago, adan said:

Ah, Guam is now a State?

Plus, are you saying it is furthest east, or furthest west? Longitude is 144.61 East (which is neither farthest east, nor west).

Hello Andy,

I think that what JD is trying to write is that: Point Udall, Guam at Longitude 144.61 East, is further West than Amatignak Island, Alaska, which is at Longitude 179 8' 55" West: This is because Amatignak Island, Alaska is over 35 Degrees farther to the East of Point Udall, Guam. Which means Point Udall, Guam is further to the West. 

By the way, if you read Post # 3210: JD wrote "Country", not "State".

Best Regards,

Michael

Edited by Michael Geschlecht

20 minutes ago, Michael Geschlecht said:

Hello JD,

Thank you for pointing that out. I've been dealing with the VA for the last few weeks & so I guess I had other things on my mind when I originally read Post #3232.

Best Regards,

Michael

VA is good. I’ve dealt with them for years. Luckily I have a very good one here.