Viso Question

Hello Rip,

Do you mean the original Elmarits 11029/129 both of which used the same11026 lens head or are you talking about the later Tele-Elmarits all of which were 11800 in their various forms the lens units for which do not readily separate for separate Visoflex use AFAIK?

If it is the 11026 for the 11029/129 then it uses a 16464/5 for use on a Visoflex II, IIa, III.

Best Regards,

Michael

Hello Again Rip,

Not a 16466 which has a Leica Thread 39 X 1 in the front w/ an M mount in the rear. That is an extension tube w/ a very nice tripod base on the bottom. A 16466 is used to fit a Visoflex I lens to a II, IIa or III. What you need is a 16464 which has the thread for the removable lens head from the first 90mm Elmarit screw or BM in the front & an M mount in the back. 16465 is the same as a 16464 w/ a baseplate attached. They both fit a II, IIa or III. The 64 & 65 both have spiffy little leather bellows inside.

Best Regards,

Michael

The serial number seems to come from 1976 which would mean it's the "thin" 4-element Tele-Elmarit (11800). The catalogue says of this, "Lens unit cannot be unscrewed", which presumably means "Please don't try";) and they never sold a Visoflex adapter.

I think that the same applies to the earlier, 5-element "fat" Tele Elmarit.

The serial number seems to come from 1976 which would mean it's the "thin" 4-element Tele-Elmarit (11800). The catalogue says of this, "Lens unit cannot be unscrewed", which presumably means "Please don't try";) and they never sold a Visoflex adapter.

I think that the same applies to the earlier, 5-element "fat" Tele Elmarit.

Affirmative! ;)

An attempt to summarise (on 90/2,8 lenses and Visoflex):

With both Tele-Elmarits 90/2,8, the optical cells/the "lens heads" cannot (normally should not) be detached

(the earlier "fat" Tele-Elmarit 90/2,8 has 5 lenses, the later "thin" Tele-Elmarit 90/2,8 has 4 lenses).

Only the early (non-Tele) Elmarit 90/2,8 has a detachable lens head which can be screwed into the "universal" short focusing mount OTZFO/16464 for use with the Visoflex2/3, or into the bellows 2 via adapter 16558.

(The later, modern (non-Tele) Elmarit 90/2,8, for sure, has no detachable lens head).

For macro use, all these 90 mm lenses can be, as complete units, put directly onto M-mount Visoflexes, or via the M-mount adapter 16596 onto the bellows 2.

Best regards,

Telyt2003

Edited by Telyt2003

(...) What you need is a 16464 which has the thread for the removable lens head from the first 90mm Elmarit screw or BM in the front & an M mount in the back. 16465 is the same as a 16464 w/ a baseplate attached. They both fit a II, IIa or III. The 64 & 65 both have spiffy little leather bellows inside.

Best Regards,

Michael

Michael,

interesting that you mention a "16465", i.e., a "16464 w/ a baseplate attached".

I am asking, because I would be interested in such a focusing mount, but sadly have never seen one in real life :confused:.

I understood the OTZFO (star) / 16465 / "footed OTZFO" was just a very rare prototype.

Was it really sold to the public, i.e., is there a reasonable chance to find one?

Best regards,

Telyt2003

Michael,

interesting that you mention a "16465", i.e., a "16464 w/ a baseplate attached".

I am asking, because I would be interested in such a focusing mount, but sadly have never seen one in real life :confused:.

I understood the OTZFO (star) / 16465 / "footed OTZFO" was just a very rare prototype.

Was it really sold to the public, i.e., is there a reasonable chance to find one?

Best regards,

Telyt2003

I have one of those, it was sold to the public, here is one for sale

https://www.leicashop.com/vintage/otzfo-16465-focusing-mount-p-846.html

but you can find some at a more reasonable price, be patient ...

Edited by jc_braconi
  • Like 1

It looks like the 90m.m. Telet-Elmart. f2.8 it different from the 2.8 Elmerit

Tele Elmarits have not been made with lens unit user-unscrewable for Viso usage ...this does not mean they CANNOT be unscrewed but there aren't accessories for them.... you can mount directly the whole lens on the BM of Viso 2/3 - of course, macro range only.

Michael,

Best regards,

Telyt2003

Of course, the OTZFO*/16465 was sold to the public. I had several in my Fontenelle Collection (here are two photos), since it was relatively easy to find second-hand ones 25 years ago. To be precise, it was a "footed" combination of an OUBIO and an OTZFO.

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

• Like 2

• 2 years later...
Is there a plastic or metal plug that fits into the hole on the bottom of the Viso II or III release button?

Uh... what do you mean, exactly ? the release arm of the Viso II/III has a button at its end, axially screw-adjustable to couple precisely to the M shutter button... which hole do you refer to ?

There were MANY different arm shapes for the Viso..... I have them here..... sometimes the

the screw adjusted release is just a wee bit short, so I add a little rubber/plastic cup to extend the

screw If this fails send me a picture of the arm/ camera interface and I may have the right arm

for the job..... and we can simply swop arms.

riptragle@ mac.com

• Like 1