Trying to run the Metz Flash Mecablitz model 54MZ-3 with SCA3502 on my M9. Flash does not fire. Have tried Metz in TTL and Auto modes, M9 in A and manual modes, no success so far.

Any ideas appreciated.

Hmmm. Have used a Metz 54 for years. If the shutter speed is less than 1/180 (that's maximum synch on the M9), the flash is ready and set to manual, and it's making contact properly, it should fire, unless you have a problem with either the M9's shoe or the flash shoe.

Like Jamie, I have successfully used a Metz 54Mz3 with the 3502 Module for quite some time with both an M9 & an M8. Perhaps you could try cleaning the contact feet of the 54Mz3 with a rubber eraser to remove any build-up of dirt or oil that might be blocking good electrical contact with the hot shoe of the M9. Good luck! Metz flash works well on Auto mode & has the benefit of an articulating head to allow for bounce flash.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By EricSS
      I am looking for a lightweight compact TTL flash for use with my Q2, but am trying to understand which are compatible.  I understand that the SF24D may be one option, but will  the SF20 also work? Does anyone have any experience of either in use? The flash needs to be very compact and will only be for occasional use, primarily for fill-in basis so it needs to be TTL.
    • By Roger Vorbeck
      Hello guest! Please register or sign in to view the hidden content. Hallo Gast! Du willst die Bilder sehen? Einfach registrieren oder anmelden! Hello fellow Leica users,
      Long story short, I've been a film Leica M shooter for a while now (M2), and I've been considering buying my first digital M. Since they are not even close as repairable as fully mechanical analog M's, I really don't want to spend that much money on a digital one. 
      So I came across a lady willing to sell me her M9 for a "bargain" (something like U$250), but as you guys can tell from the picture above, it comes with the dreaded corroded sensor. 
      I'm no professional and I want one of these to try them out, since I've never truly used one.
      My question is: how's the situation of this one in particular, can it be used in anyway in this condition? Is it worth it for the price? And finally, is the 1000U$ dollars repair worth in my situation? 

I'll be very happy with any contributions.
      Best Regards,
      Roger
    • By PLH
      Has anybody had intermittent TTL flash issues with the R8?
       I get random firing of the SF-58, particularly with movement of the camera, and sometimes no flash on shutter release. Inside, low light, and with program mode the viewfinder shows f/5.6 @ 1/250 as it should.  Contacts are clean, wiggling the flash at the foot doesn't make it fire.  Camera, flash or the coupling of the two?
      The phenomena does not seem to occur with a SF-24D, though i have no negatives to review yet.  
      R8 serial # 243xxxx.  I've had no other problems with this camera.

• By Edwin Ho
      I am considering Leica SF24D as a replacement for the Olympus S20 (small auto flash).
      Took some shots of family Christmas gathering with the S20; a little under-exposed (subsequently adjusted in LR by increasing exposure).
      I hope to hear from those who had experience using the SF24D with an M9.
    • By stvn66
      Do you give a thought to fungus when storing your camera/lens?
      For example do you leave the lens cap off, or avoid storing in a leather case?