Tri Elmar 28-35-50MM f/4

Guest stanjan0

Wilson,

Will you be at Goodwood next month? I presume your Brother will be racing as usual.

Best wishes,

Charlie,

I won't be there, as I am back in the UK from the end of August to about the 9th of September for the birth of my first grandchild and then back in France.

I also don't know about my brother. Firstly he has just had some metal pins removed from his leg after an accident last year, so it depends on fitness. I have not spoken to him in the last couple of weeks since he had it done. Secondly, I know he felt that the Goodwood Revival was getting a bit greedy on the "suggested" entry fees (don't pay them and you don't get invited back). I think this year they are in the region of £6-7,000 per car. If you compare that for example with the Old Timer GP at the Nurburgring, they are huge.

I was looking at doing the Corsican Classic Rally this year in my '77 911 3.0 RS and a 6 day event, including hotels and ferries to and from Corsica was less than half the price of a single car entry to Goodwood. Unfortunately, neither of my regular co-drivers can do it.

Wilson