Photographer Daniel Milnor. going back to shooting film with Leica rangefinders.

Chroma project

I shoot Tri-X in my M3 and M6 every day, it's part therapy, part long term book project and part self assignment. While I have not hit the wall as he put it in regards to digital, I do feel the need for a balanced diet of how I gather my images from day to day.

Mr. Milnor is one of many who feel this way and have attained this balanced diet, it's healthy...

After measurement in shutter priority mode, the aperture value corresponding to the shutter speed is displayed as one toggles to different shutter speeds. So, getting to an appropriate F stop is pretty quick IMO...second nature after a while.

Jeff

• Like 1

Yes, the 308s (easy to freeze frame on it). I like mine a lot...small and easy to use, ....

My prefered meter despite having more complicated ones, light, simple, very accurate.

I hadn't seen the video before and thought he was making a good case for finding themes and stories to report with a camera. It would be a shame if the only lessons learned on a Leica forum were about bags, bodies and meters.

Steve

It would be a shame if the only lessons learned on a Leica forum were about bags, bodies and meters.

Steve

That would be an option. Some of us chose to become a collector, while others choose to become a photographer, or both.

Best.

Thanks a lot for the link. It seems that there's a mild tendency to switching back to film. For sure I did. After more than two years of M8 I treated myself with an M3 and couldn't be any happier. Like a sort of coming back home.

Cheers,

Bruno