Cleaner fw 2.014?

lct

With every new firmware for the M8 we have had

- less noise (from the shutter and the sensor)

- a quicker and sharper display.

After every new firmware we have had questions, why Leica is unable to bring out a firmware which enables the camera for

- less noise (from the shutter and the sensor)

- a quicker and sharper display.

• Like 1

Advertisement (gone after registration)

I tried ISO 2500 just now and that also looks better (no before and after I'm afraid). The preview is clearly much faster. Will try again this evening as (muted) daylight is not the best test for high ISO.

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

... Has anyone done any 'before' and 'after' shots of the same subject, with identical lighting and ISO?

Unfortunately not as i've trashed my noisy pics from previous firmware but i've been shooting the same boring samples for years and i can see clearly the difference to the point that i'm now setting auto iso to 640 iso instead of 320 before. Not a quantum leap but makes me gain one f/ stop finally.

LCT, the only reason I'm sceptical is that virtually ever release of M8 firmware has been hailed as having better high ISO performance, but when tested under controlled conditions almost all have been found to be identical.

Exposure plays a key part, a slight underexposure will look noisier than one that is correct, or slightly over.

Get serius or leave, thanks!

Heaven forbid that people might have a little fun here.The high ISO improvements have been something of a joke for some of us for a while. Usually white balance is improved at the same time.

I'll see if I can do some tests when I get home - I haven't loaded the new firmware yet.

I _knew_ that tripod would come in handy one day.

Edited by stunsworth
  • Like 2