Leica Representative in Malaysia

Fang

I bought my M8 in 2007 from the Leica dealer in KLCC. I bought a SF 58 flash from the dealer in Mid Valley Megamall in 2009. I had no problems and would do business with them again.

Having said that the dealer in the Mid Valley Megamall had better stock.

Times may have changed now if Schmidt is out of the distribution channel.

I hope they get a solution for Malaysia.

Also having lived as a westerner in Malaysia I never had any problems with credit theft or anything along those lines. I just wanted to add my voice of balance to the discussion.

Thanks Russel.

You are right this only happens beginning of this year - when Leica decided to take away Schmidt distributorship.

We also hope that Leica finds a solution soon.

I bought my M8 in 2007 from the Leica dealer in KLCC. I bought a SF 58 flash from the dealer in Mid Valley Megamall in 2009. I had no problems and would do business with them again.

Having said that the dealer in the Mid Valley Megamall had better stock.

Times may have changed now if Schmidt is out of the distribution channel.

I hope they get a solution for Malaysia.

Also having lived as a westerner in Malaysia I never had any problems with credit theft or anything along those lines. I just wanted to add my voice of balance to the discussion.

• 2 weeks later...

I can't say that going through Leica Singapore for service makes sense.. I wrote to them on a M7 to MP viewfinder upgrade and I was quoted a stellar SGD800 (approx USD640). That is a rip off price for an upgrade that would cots USD 250 to USD 330 as have read from other who has done this upgrade. Leica Singapore is running a racketeering business? I will not support them one bit, and would rather deal directly with solms.

Lucky for me I don't have to sent my M9 for repairs but I have been looking for 50mm Lux and its impossible for me to get one here without having to pay them the full listed price amount first - and they cannot tell me when I am going to receive the lux.

BTW I still can't find the time to travel down to Singapore to get it.

I can't say that going through Leica Singapore for service makes sense.. I wrote to them on a M7 to MP viewfinder upgrade and I was quoted a stellar SGD800 (approx USD640). That is a rip off price for an upgrade that would cots USD 250 to USD 330 as have read from other who has done this upgrade. Leica Singapore is running a racketeering business? I will not support them one bit, and would rather deal directly with solms.

Lucky for me I don't have to sent my M9 for repairs but I have been looking for 50mm Lux and its impossible for me to get one here without having to pay them the full listed price amount first - and they cannot tell me when I am going to receive the lux.

BTW I still can't find the time to travel down to Singapore to get it.

Take a look at this thread below

http://www.l-camera-forum.com/leica-forum/customer-forum/190803-saw-new-noctilux-0-95-today.html

a store in KL has a silver 50mm lux ASPH in stock if you are interested. MYR13000 IIRC

• 3 weeks later...

Yes, it almost like a stealth opening of the store - no prior announcements and few Leica owners were invited to the event.

When questioned - the staff mentioned that the opening is for the press and they do not have the database of owners in Malaysia. (This is mentioned in a photography forum here).

I am surprised!! All they have to do is to contact Solm and the names are all there.

Also in this forum - there are many complaints of various forms - including non response for service requests to the Singapore office. It came across to me that the management in Singapore to be very arrogant or inept.

I think I will make a trip there before my business trip to Shenzen and HongKong ( will also be checking out the stores in HK) and London later in the month.

Thanks.

Well, now all you Leica owners in Malaysia have your own store in KL right opposite KLCC.

Hopefully that might sort out some problems?