Sign in to follow this  
mklnz

Voigtlander 35mm f/1.4 Coding

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Anyone tried different profiles for this lens?

I've tried a few, most obvious choice is the 35mm f/1.4 Pre-ASPH

However, I tried using 35mm f/2 ASPH and it seems there is less vignetting than using 35mm f/1.4 Pre-ASPH.

Any other findings?

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By BobinBoulder
      After finally getting my M10 delivered to me last November, I was chomping at the bit to use my old lenses that I used to shoot with my M6's some 10 years or more ago.  They are all older lenses (late 70's to mid 90's) in 28mm, 35mm, two 50mm's, 90mm, and 135mm and all relatively fast lenses (mostly summicrons with a summarit here and there) but not one of them is aspherical. 

I loved these lenses while shooting film and still love them on the M10, but it is a ROYAL pain to have to mash buttons up and down and in and out of menus to set the M10 to the right lens designation every time I switch lenses and to be perfectly honest, I haven't noticed a difference in the images.  I tried ordering new bayonets that were "codeable" on ebay and turns out the screw patterns weren't the same.  And at this point, I'm wondering if I should bother at all?  Is there really a difference in a coded vs non-coded lens of this vintage besides getting exif data out of the shot?  I've seen the magenta color shift in some of the images posted here and elsewhere, but damn if I can find it in my shots. 

So... are these lenses too old to code?  Just the wider ones? Do I even care? 
    • By Kirill E.
      Hey! 

The viewfinder of my M8 doesn't show the focusing from 0.7 to 0.5 meters with Nokton 35mm f/1.2 II . It just gets stuck at 0.7 meters.
      Is that a known issue? 
    • By wdonaldson
      Has anyone heard of this issue and / or know the impact of this?  I can't seem to find anything on it.
    • By Rouven1983
      Hallo liebes Forum.
      Das ist mein erster Eintrag. Ich habe lange rumgesucht und keine Antwort auf folgendes Problem gefunden.

Ich bin stolzer besitzer einer Leica M8u und habe seit ein paar Tagen das Voigtländer Nokton 50 1.1 an der Kamera.
      Mein Problem: Wenn ich perfekt fokussiere, sind die Bilder trotzdem unscharf. Der Fokuspunkt liegt immer etwas weiter hinten, als auf dem Punkt den ich durch den Sucher fokussiert habe.

Ich habe Testfotos bei unterschiedlichen Blenden gemacht. Aber bei allen Einstellungen kommt am Ende ein unscharfes Bild zustande.
      Um scharf zu fotografieren, muss ich den Fokusring etwas weiter nach rechts drehen. Also über den Punkt hinaus, auf dem ich eigentlich scharfstellen will.
      So kann ich leider immer nur auf gut Glück fokussieren. Viele Bilder sind einfach nicht perfekt scharf.

Das Probelm habe ich schon im Fotofachladen angesprochen. Der Techniker hat mir empfohlen den B+W IR-Sperrfilter zu kaufen, in der Hoffnung das das Fokusproblem mit ausgeglichen wird.
      Das hilft aber leider auch nicht.

Ich habe noch zwei andere Objektive, ein 28mm Minolta mit Leica M Bajonett und ein Leica M 90mm. Beide fokussieren perfekt und präzise.

Das Voigthländer hab ich gebraucht, aber so gut wie unbenutzt gekauft.

Ich hoffe mir kann jemand helfen.
      Würde mich nur ungerne vom Voigtländer trennen, da es sonst ein sehr schönes Objektiv ist.

Grüße Rouven
    • By ragarecords
      I'm a new M9 user, and want to get my old lenses coded where possible. Most of them are not on Leica's list even if I could pay the $300+ each. I was getting ready to contact JML when I heard he had passed. The only other options I know of are Don Goldberg but I believe he sent the flanges to JML; and Will van Manen in the Netherlands. His current price (for a 28 M-Rokkor, milling and adjusting frame line lug if necessary) Is €120 plus return shipping (to USA) is €157 via UPS, less if to UPS access point but still a lot.

I've ordered a bunch of pre-milled LTM adapters for my screwmount lenses, and flange adapters for the M lenses that have the right screw patterns. 

That leaves out some early M lenses that don't have flange adapters available, including in my case ones that don't have detachable flanges, but where the bayonet is much thicker and is more integral with the mount (no screws on the mating surface, no obvious way to detach):

50mm collapsible Summicron
      35mm original Summilux
      135mm Elmar

I've tried the template and sharpie method. It worked fine on day 1, but on day 2 the marks had worn off.

Is there a US machinist milling 6-bit pits at the moment?