M8 switching on issue

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Hi everyone,

I seem to have a slight issue with my m8. When I turn on the camera, nothing happens. Only when I -slightly or firmly- pressing the shutter does it switch on. It did not used to be this way.

Does anyone have any idea what might be wrong? I don't really mind pressing the shutter. I just don't like the idea of something being wrong with my m8.

Thanks,

Joris

What is wrong is the camera thinks it is in sleep mode instead of being in ON mode when the switch it turned from OFF to ON. This has happened to several M8's, including one of mine.

Mine was fixed under warranty years ago and hasn't happened again. The only thing you can do is send it in for repair or continue using it as it is. There is no USER solution to this problem.

It is not a switch problem. It is a circuit board/electronics problem.

Mine was doing that for a while, not walking up quickly for maybe 6+ months and then died.

It was a circuit board problem that only Leica can repair. Just got mine back and upgraded the shutter as well.

With the shutter upgrade the circuit board was included. I like the quitter shutter and never shot at 8000.

Edited by roylance