Magnifier for Screwmount eyepiece

Guest flatfour

Anthony,

In my close to 40 years of dabbling into Leica, which started in the late 1960's with my mother's IIIb, I have not come across an eyepiece magnifier. There used to be diopter adapters, which slid over the slots on the double eyepiece, but that is about all there was in eyepiece accessories.

At least as my feeble memory recalls....:confused:

All the best,

Jan

I have an OKARO orange filter over one of my rangefinder windows (see pic). This doesn't magnify, but it does improve contrast and make it easier to focus. The coincident image (the one you are moving when you focus) looks orange. The colour cast disappears when you have achieved correct focus.

Regards,

Bill

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

• 7 months later...

Hi Bill,

where can these OKARO lenses be found. I have recently purchased a IIIf to go with the other Leica kit I have ,and as I am a permanent glasses wearer I have two Leica magnifiers with diopter lenses. This allows me to flip the bins up on my head and get a reasonable chance of correct focus.

So I am guessing I will need all the help I can get with my IIIf, when and if it ever arrives ... POSTAL STRIKE!!!

Regards ... Jim.

Hi Jim,

I found mine on eBay. It took a couple of weeks of searching. It does work, and does help focus, especially in lower light. What I have found, however, is that it makes lens mounting and removal hard with my Elmar - I have to crank it out to minimum focus - and I have to remove it altogether if I fit my VC 35 or 75mm because they are larger in diameter and again foul it.

Regards,

Bill

Hi Jim,

What I have found, however, is that it makes lens mounting and removal hard with my Elmar - I have to crank it out to minimum focus - and I have to remove it altogether if I fit my VC 35 or 75mm because they are larger in diameter and again foul it.

Regards,

Bill

Bill,

Mount the OKARO over the other eyepiece - it will sit further from the lens mount and your clearance problem will be solved.

Best,

Jan

• 3 weeks later...

Hello,

some picts from diopters

from IIIb to IIIf they are the same

larger for IIIg

Cheers

JC

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!