M9 Battery Charger dead

erl

Advertisement (gone after registration)

I also just got the Nitecore ULM9 charger for my M9/M8 batteries. Works great and at $25 a wee bit cheaper than the Leica charger. Cheers, jc

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

• 5 months later...

I certainly do. There were some threads in the past about third-party universal chargers, but I didn't follow up what came out. Maybe you can get one of those quickly through the Internet. But did you open the thing? It may just be a fuse.

A charger is one part that I will always have a backup for since the first advent of rechargable-battery dependent camers.

I started one of those threads and my universal charger still works great, with the advantage that it charges other batteries. I’d say it is good for the backup you suggest because it’s not as as convenient as one you can slot the battery into without adjustment. Since then I have also started to see third party chargers for the M9 and the M8 online like the one just posted.

Be warned. Those Leica M9 chargers can fail anytime. It should embarrass Leica that they can’t sell a reliable charger for $200. I have never had any problem from cheap and cheerful ones we get for other cameras.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• 3 weeks later...

I also just got the Nitecore ULM9 charger for my M9/M8 batteries. Works great and at $25 a wee bit cheaper than the Leica charger. Cheers, jc

Thanks for the heads up. I just ordered one as backup charger, and am glad you mentioned the price, because on Amazon it's $35. I found it for $25 on eBay. Nice to see it offers the convenience of being USB powered.

Sent from my EVA-L29 using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...

B

Thanks for the heads up. I just ordered one as backup charger, and am glad you mentioned the price, because on Amazon it's $35. I found it for $25 on eBay. Nice to see it offers the convenience of being USB powered.

Sent from my EVA-L29 using Tapatalk

B&H also have them for $25: https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/1297987-REG/nitecore_ulm9_usb_travel_charger_for.html

• Like 1