The world from above - Game Thread

jaapv

Now, Michael, you request me to revive the thread, and then stop it dead in its tracks again in the next post. If you give the correct answer you are obliged to post the next image. So if you do not have a next image, you cannot answer.

The challenge is now to name the two peaks and the inernational airport that serves the mountain. And you, Michael, are forbidden to answer.;)

Edited by jaapv

Well, at least it's not Terschelling (an island just north of Holland, highest "peak" 4.0 meters or some such) :D

And I'm not going to answer either, as I have HUNDREDS of photos from the air, but almost NONE with a Leica. Otherwise I would've jumped in, no worries.

With some luck, this is going to be Jaap's showcase for the next year :p

Well, at least it's not Terschelling (an island just north of Holland, highest "peak" 4.0 meters or some such) :D

And I'm not going to answer either, as I have HUNDREDS of photos from the air, but almost NONE with a Leica. Otherwise I would've jumped in, no worries.

With some luck, this is going to be Jaap's showcase for the next year :p

Unfortunately, I don't have many shots from the air either, but there must be plenty kicking around in forum members' computers.

Yes - it is. The second highest volcano in the world. What intl. airport and the names of the two peaks? Och- I'll skip that one - over to you Brian! Dig up a shot!

Btw

Arusha intl. (JRO)

Uhuru Peak

Mawenzi Peak

Edited by jaapv

Right - here we go -

What mountain range is this? Brownie points for the nearest airport.

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

I never realized it had two peaks ... nice.

Actually, it even has three, but as the third one, Shira Peak at about 3900 meters is about 2000 meters lower than the other two, it is rarely mentioned. It is a nice idea to climb that one and be able to say you have climbed Kilimanjaro when 5985 meters without oxygen is a bit too much to contemplate.

• jaapv unpinned this topic
  • stuny pinned this topic