No more free filters for M8 ??

bpalme

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Just incase someone is shopping and you don't know.. since the product has been discontinued you no longer can get the free filters. For some reason I thought if the previous owner did not register for them you could still get them.. that's not the case.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I've received free filters last week. The Leica i own is a second hand buy. Previous owner did not register it, so i simply created an owner's account on the Leica website, ordered the filters and sent an email with a scan of my camera passport to the Leica customer service.

In a few days filters were shipped and now I can enjoy true blacks and greens.

I've received free filters last week. The Leica i own is a second hand buy. Previous owner did not register it, so i simply created an owner's account on the Leica website, ordered the filters and sent an email with a scan of my camera passport to the Leica customer service.

same for me

I read it as yes, but because the previous (first) owner did not register the camera with Leica and claim the free filters. So from Leica's perspective it was a registration of a new camera and qualified for filters. It would seem unlikely Leica would supply free filters each time an M8/8.2 changed hands and had a new owner :)

So pcp, colonel, Want-a-leica and andtuanvo1982 are quite lucky if i understand well as their seller forgot to claim for a €200+ gift to Leica.

Proof that believing in miracles can help sometimes. ;)

Sounds like new registrations of second hand bodies and their associated benefit have been accepted very liberally by Leica and that the fairy tale is over now according to the OP's post at least.

Just a guess though.

Just to double check (incase there is a possibility to still get the filters)....

To see if you qualify for the filters there should be some indication in the "benefits" section, right? I don't see anything, so I'm assuming that they must have been claimed.

I tried this when I got a second hand M8 and it didn't work. But the key thing was - Leica's website detected my M8 serial number had already been registered. So it is still worth a try just in case the original owner was too lazy/rich to get around to it :)

A friend of mine did the same experience but asked for a new registration and got it after sending a copy of the warranty card to Leica. He then was surprised to be told that he could still benefit of two brand new filters for his s/h body.

Same for me: Thank you Solms!!

Cesare Giberti - Ferrara Italy

Well.. the guy on the phone said I can no longer get them but then I got an email back from Leica:

Dear Mr. Palmer

thank you very much for your inquiry at Leica Customer Service

Please be informed, that the two free filter are no longer available for you. These filters have already been ordered by the previous owner.

Since the filters are part of the camera, the owner should hand over these to you.

I am very sorry, that I can not give you any other message.

kind regards

Birgitta Mielke

Leica Camera AG

CS-Software Support

Solmser Gewerbepark 8 / D-35606 Solms / Germany

Leica Camera AG / Birgitta.Mielke@leica-camera.com

Telephone +49(0)6442-208-108 / Fax +49(0)6442-208-490

Sounds like my s/h M8.2 is eligible for two free filters as well. Curiously enough, the previous owner had registered the body but did not ask for the filters. I would have ignored this if i hadn't asked for a new registration to Leica.

Dingnab it, LCT! You come late, you pay half price and you still get all the goodies! :rolleyes:

Glad to have you with us!!

Oh, and let us know when you get your first Dreaded Green Stripe! :p