Lock ups, missed focus, slow operation and lousy firmware

Dan States

Advertisement (gone after registration)

. Wait, the AF is fast now? and why are we complaining about the X100 in the Leica X1 forum? Jeez, are X1 owners that insecure?

I guess because millions of trolls using the Leica Forum to bash the x1 in the past, i always asked myself why those x100 owners use the Leica Forum to discuss The x100. Are they that insecure or is it cause the name Leica sounds so nice, what is it? I never discussed anything at the x100 forum. So it seems if someone is insecure then its the x100 buyers cause they visit constantly this forum

Edited by Danielsan

Wow, threads can go off topic pretty fast....Again, I'm sure the X100 is going to be fine...I'd bet that people who can't get a good shot with one probably couldn't get a good shot with an X1 or a Hasselblad for that matter. It's just telling how the complaints for all of these "near pro" cameras have the same tone.

Uh, anyhoo...I'm sorry I started this after all...back to street shooting my X1.

I guess because millions of trolls using the Leica Forum to bash the x1 in the past, i always asked myself why those x100 owners use the Leica Forum to discuss The x100. Are they that insecure or is it cause the name Leica sounds so nice, what is it? I never discussed anything at the x100 forum. So it seems if someone is insecure then its the x100 buyers cause they visit constantly this forum

The X100 forum doesn't have that many active users. :D My point is that if I don't like a Nikon camera (that I don't own), I don't go to the Pentax forum and diss it. :confused:

• Like 1

I passed the last month pondering what camera to buy: fuji or Leica. Leica was my choice.. Ok, Leica seems overpriced, but it isn't. Everyday I like a little bit more my camera and I'm happy not for the fuji guys claiming for issues on x100 but for my correct decision. I don't want a camera that fails focus every time (maybe a reason because x100 focus is fast) and with inaccurate viewfinder. I never owned a Leica before, just some compacts and some DSLRs and I never saw a color quality and depth so real. The Images are so sharp!

:eek: And they don't fight one another. Unlike (some) of their owners:rolleyes: (iphone photo).

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

Edited by Ecaton
  • Like 1

I passed the last month pondering what camera to buy: fuji or Leica. Leica was my choice.. Ok, Leica seems overpriced, but it isn't. Everyday I like a little bit more my camera and I'm happy not for the fuji guys claiming for issues on x100 but for my correct decision. I don't want a camera that fails focus every time (maybe a reason because x100 focus is fast) and with inaccurate viewfinder. I never owned a Leica before, just some compacts and some DSLRs and I never saw a color quality and depth so real. The Images are so sharp!

And buying your first Leica makes you a Fuji x100 expert at the same time? I use the X1 for about a year now and since yesterday have the X100 as well. My first hands on experience with the Fuji is overwhelmingly positive, irrespective of a few quirks and warts.

Guest stnami

Yep beta is the new finished product until the next beta version comes ou

ps great camera for bnw dusk /nooks and crannies stuff with a bit of pp all sorts of wonders get extracted

Edited by stnami

I don't need to touch the camera, I don't see leica x1 users complaining about quality of the pictures. Btw seems there's another one: lens blur on the left side.

You weren't here a year ago when everyone was blabbing on and on about how the images from the X1 weren't anything special. Yes, it happened.