Just curious: Leica M8 users in Holland

Hans Roggen

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Well count me in as a Dutch M8 users. Live in the Hague and got mine from Minderman 1st week of january.

It's a terrible thing to say, eventhough I run a photo agency, I haven't really had the time to go out a make pictures.

Kind regards,

Etienne

I know...sold some pictures to your agency :)

Hans

Han, you must have bought just around the same time as me. I got my chrome M8 from Leica Berlin on Nov. 6. Great people.

That's right Carsten..... from the first batch they got ......

I made a reservation just before Photokina ... they assured me i would be among the first group of people to receive one before i placed the actual order .... they kept their promise without any downpayment and where a joy to mail, phone and talk to!

Kind regards

Han Borger

My wife and I will be on holiday in Amsterdam f(rom the US) last week in March. If there are any M8 user meetings, dinners, etc. in that timeframe, or suggestions of best places to visit and take photos, please let me know! I have been to Holland only once before and that was on business with a free weekend. Now we will have a whole week!

I have had the M8 for a two weeks. It is everything I imagined it to be - issues and all.

Michael

Good to know there are others, but I would be surprised if there were 50 of us already I was on several lists and probably wasn't the only one.

I am in Amsterdam this sunday. Cream and sugar please :)

Hans

I am the very lucky owner of a Leica M8. I have bought the camera via Foto Nivo Schweitzer in Amsterdam. The people there have given me very pleasant service.

Surely I am also very curous to the experiences of the other dutch Leica M8 owners. Perhaps a meetingpoint in Amsterdam?

Another M8 user in Holland, The Hague. I got mine from Foto Minderman too. They offer great service indeed.

I don't use the M8 for my living. I am a consultant for digital image processing techniques and have a web page dedicated to the M8 on my web site.

I am very happy with the camera, although it needs repair (for range finder adjustment and defective lens detection).

BTW, nice thread, Hans. Thanks.

I was just curious. How many M8 users from Holland are there in this forum? So far i have seen Jaap and Michiel and i seem to remember someone from Eindhoven. Surely there are more than just the four of us. Are there any other Dutch photojournalists using the M8 professionally yet?

Hans

I am also a Leica M8 photographer. I have bought it via Foto Nivo Schweitzer in Amsterdam. I got there a very good service. I take pictures for galeries. See my website, Remmelt van Veelen: photography; color / Cibachrome landscapes and travelphotography. A very good idea, a meetingpoint for Leica M8 users in Holland, perhaps in Amsterdam?

Did a small current affairs item about Werry Crone back in 1989, then a staff photographer for 'Trouw' newspaper, he seemed to be the only one of the mayor papers/agencies news shooters in Holland who was shooting with Leica (2 M6's) at that time. I think he still shoots with Leica but do not know whether he has gone digital. There are of course a lot of doco shooters that -still- use Leica.