Just curious: Leica M8 users in Holland

Hans Roggen

Advertisement (gone after registration)

I was just curious. How many M8 users from Holland are there in this forum? So far i have seen Jaap and Michiel and i seem to remember someone from Eindhoven. Surely there are more than just the four of us. Are there any other Dutch photojournalists using the M8 professionally yet?

Hans

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Trying to start a Dutch M8 Users Group, Hans? I know that Kamera-express sold a fair number, certainly above ten, Autofocus in Bussum just regained his Leica dealership and sold two in fast successsion, I've been contacted by at least six M8 owners over the Internet, and I can't imagine that shops like Nivo-Schweitzer, Konijnenberg and Minderman have not been selling a number of camera's. Han Borger got his from Berlin afaik, so I would put the number of M8's in Holland at between thirty and fifty.....Btw- I'm not a photojournalist, just a dilettante, but in the nineteenth -century sense I hope.

Here's a very happy M8 user from Amsterdam. I bought mine from Minderman in The Hague. By the end of september 2006, he had 20 M8-camera's on order, I was # 17, and got it in the first week of january. So my guess is there must be at least 50 in the Netherlands. Maybe we should all get together sometime.

BTW, every member if this forum (of every nationality) is hereby invited to come and visit me while in Amsterdam.

Cheers,

Peter

Here's a very happy M8 user from Amsterdam. I bought mine from Minderman in The Hague. By the end of september 2006, he had 20 M8-camera's on order, I was # 17, and got it in the first week of january. So my guess is there must be at least 50 in the Netherlands. Maybe we should all get together sometime.

BTW, every member if this forum (of every nationality) is hereby invited to come and visit me while in Amsterdam.

Cheers,

Peter

Here's another deeply impressed M8 user from Amsterdam who bought his camera last September.

Hans

Cheers,

Peter

Good to know there are others, but I would be surprised if there were 50 of us already I was on several lists and probably wasn't the only one.

I am in Amsterdam this sunday. Cream and sugar please :)

Hans

Well count me in as a Dutch M8 users. Live in the Hague and got mine from Minderman 1st week of january.

It's a terrible thing to say, eventhough I run a photo agency, I haven't really had the time to go out a make pictures.

I was an Leica photographer in the days I worked for Reuters and UPI.

http://www.leica-camera-user.com/people/2196-archives.html

http://www.leica-camera-user.com/people/2197-archives-west-sudan.html

With the digital revolution I left Leica for a while and joined the ranks of Nikon and Fuji but am glad to be back in the loving embrace of Leica.

Kind regards,

Etienne

Guest Bernd Banken

Hi,

as you can see at flickr, Amsterdam was my favorite spot in the seventies. During the weekends I lived on a boat in Vinkeveen I guess you know it. So pls. let me know when you plan a meeting in A'dam. May I suggest a place>:

My favourite pub near the Begijnenhof: Het Doktertje:D

Enjoy your M8s as I did my NikonF....:D

Tot ziens

Bernd

Guest Bernd Banken

couldn't resist:D

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!