Indoctrination, the path to hellfire

viramati

Advertisement (gone after registration)

M9, 28 cron

these were taken in London on Friday when I took part in a support Arab freedom march. this group did not form part of the march but where making themselves heard at one point along the way. I have to say i found them to be somewhat disturbing. I will post more of the shots of the march soon or you can see them on my flickr thread

[ATTACH]245763[/ATTACH]

note the unfortunate youth

[ATTACH]245762[/ATTACH]

they can be seen better here

Democracy!!!!!!! | Flickr - Photo Sharing!

Indoctrination | Flickr - Photo Sharing!

Edited by viramati
  • Like 3

David, good stuff. The whole uprising is going in the other direction.
...call me back in ten years and we'll discuss the outcome.

...welcome to the new world order....

Great shots. Thanks for sharing.

Ed.

Edited by MrEd

If "the land is one", why they are not going to protest there? I often wonder where all these religion issues will bring this world. Why can't anybody mind his own religion and do not bother others with it?

By the way, the pictures are quite good and i love the tones as well.

• Like 1

Beautiful reportage style..I like the photos.

I am particularly intrigued by the first photo, especially the expression on the boy's face. To be involved somewhat and he has a "knowing" look. Scary for a young boy to be in such a situation and looking nonchalant and composed. IMO if that represents the next generation we are all in trouble.

Just my thoughts, I may be wrong!

CJ

Edited by phancj

David, your photos are (as usual) photographically excellent, and the topic is (as usual) politically incendiary.

These are the photos that I'd like to see with credible text (I mean a reasonable news-worthy interpretation of what is in front of the camera) wrapped around them.

Obviously, there is another thread nearby that touches on the topic of the threat of violence from one religion or another. I think in these complex times, a few images standing alone (without text) isn't a fair treatment of the topic. But then again, we are in a photo forum, not a news forum.

Edited by daveleo

I find it always find it troubling to see children at protests. I'm sure that they have a stake but are they really cognizant of the issues? While the subject of this is more serious, I get the same feeling about children holding signs in support of teacher's unions.

Excellent photos and a well explained narration.

If "the land is one", why they are not going to protest there? I often wonder where all these religion issues will bring this world. Why can't anybody mind his own religion and do not bother others with it?

By the way, the pictures are quite good and i love the tones as well.

+1. If they don't like the law, rules, norms, etc. in their adopted societies, go back to their homeland. I came to the US as a refugee and have learned to love and respect the freedom and generosity of this country.

Tri:)

• Like 1

Thanks

Dave I did give a bit of an explanation at the beginning of the post and the really isn't a lot more that I could add apart from the comments made by others. As you rightly say this is a photo forum. I would add that I went with my wife and some other Italian friends who come from an other time in Italian politics (in contrast to the present debacle) when they were very politically active and demonstrating/marching was seen almost as a political duty rather than something one did only when under enormous pressure. The events in north Africa and the middle east concern me greatly and I hope for a positive outcome

• Like 1