turn off search forums?

ho_co

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Looking for a comment I recently read, I used the forum's Search function.

It retrieved a number of listings from ebay offers and from forum classified offers.

What do I need to do to disable those forums in the advanced search options panel?

Thanks.

Just click on the sub-forum that you want to search in, in the advanced dialog box.

This allows me to limit the search to a special sub-forum etc.. Though quite often I am not sure in which branch to look for a specific information, so I better don't limit my search. Is there a way to disable only the ebay-section?

If you know that the thread is likely to be in the Digital sub-forum and its children, just click on the Digital Forum line and check the box at the bottom, whioch includes all sub-forums in the Digital sub-forum.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

You can also select multiple forums to search in by selecting them using command-click or shift-click, on a mac. You can also effectively deselect the ebay offers et al by highlighting all of the forums (click on the top forum in the list, scroll down, and shift-click on the bottom forum in the list) and then holding down command while clicking on the forums you want to deselect.

These are just the standard commands for selecting multiples items in OS X, I've forgotten the corresponding commands in Windows.

• Like 2

This allows me to limit the search to a special sub-forum etc.. Though quite often I am not sure in which branch to look for a specific information, so I better don't limit my search. Is there a way to disable only the ebay-section?You can also select multiple forums to search in by selecting them using command-click or shift-click, on a mac. You can also effectively deselect the ebay offers et al by highlighting all of the forums (click on the top forum in the list, scroll down, and shift-click on the bottom forum in the list) and then holding down command while clicking on the forums you want to deselect.