M7 / MP price increase

UK base price went up from £3190 to £3595:eek: - that's inflation for you. That said, the rise is not unexpected as there has been a pricing anomaly for a while whereby it was possible to order a base price a la carte MP for significantly less than the RRP of a bog standard stock MP. I noticed this last month whilst considering buying an a la carte MP.

At this rate it will not be long before an MP costs the same as an M9. Still, the MP is the better camera so why not?;)

Ahhh, early adopters often get slammed, but I've had many years of use from one of the very first batch of MP's for only £1800 (or was it £1600??).

Actually, when I say many years of use I bought it just at the point I went over to digital. I had it on pre-order but bought it anyway when first released. But nevertheless its getting more use now than in previous years, and has a couple of early unique features that are bound to make it more of a collectable, ....(a delusional ha ha ha!)

But it is the supreme film Leica and I think I may even pay out £3500 if I needed one today. It's worth it.

Steve

Edited by 250swb
  • Like 2

Ahhh, early adopters often get slammed, but I've had many years of use from one of the very first batch of MP's for only £1800 (or was it £1600??).

Actually, when I say many years of use I bought it just at the point I went over to digital. I had it on pre-order but bought it anyway when first released. But nevertheless its getting more use now than in previous years, and has a couple of early unique features that are bound to make it more of a collectable, ....(a delusional ha ha ha!)

But it is the supreme film Leica and I think I may even pay out £3500 if I needed one today. It's worth it.

Steve

...Steve, is it really possible (from a tech point of view), to be an "early adopter" of an MP in the 21st century?

Here in the states it's $4995, almost 100% increase since they were introduced in '02 and '03.

That makes me glad I bought my MP back in '03.

Too bad my timely shopping for the MP was wiped out by my Noctilux f/1 purchase in August of '08, LOL! Oh, well - win some, lose some...

That makes me glad I bought my MP back in '03.

Too bad my timely shopping for the MP was wiped out by my Noctilux f/1 purchase in August of '08, LOL! Oh, well - win some, lose some...

Just wait a few years and watch Noctilux prices continuing to go up:)

Just wait a few years and watch Noctilux prices continuing to go up:)

I'm going to stick with my f/1 version - The f/0.95 ASPH isn't affordable for we mere mortals. That goes double for the S2 system.

No disappointments, though. My M cameras and lenses - along with my "passe" f/1 Noctilux - do everything I want and need them to do.

Edited by 400TX

• 11 years later...