Zeiss 25 or Leica 24?????

Shootist

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for the replies.

I have nothing against Sean Reid but I am cheap and the other day when I was at his site and did the subscription rout I almost feel opff my desk chair, $32.95 for a one year subsrciption!!!!!!!!...

I subscribe to RR although I believe the cost of admission is high for an on-line review. The site is very clunky and it occasionally hangs and it’s a bitch to scroll. Still, his work is very informative although I’m not sure I’ll be a long time member.

Regards,

I subscribe to RR although I believe the cost of admission is high for an on-line review. The site is very clunky and it occasionally hangs and it’s a bitch to scroll. Still, his work is very informative although I’m not sure I’ll be a long time member.

Regards,

Oh come on you guys - I have paid more than this for a salad in a New York restaurant and I can tell you I get a lot more enjoyment from Sean's site over a year than I did over ten minutes, eating that salad. I agree that using 100% flash for the site is clunky and the non-remembering of your sign on name and password is a real p*****r but it is done for security copyright reasons I believe, to stop people poaching chunks of the text. Perhaps if Sean is reading this thread he would like to comment. I don't think it would succeed, as all you would have to do would be to take a screen shot, run it through OCR and you would have it. I would prefer it was written in HTML or one of its newer variants, as it would load faster but given the quality of the content I am very happy to put with it. I find it much more relevant to my needs that either Michael Reichman's or Erwin Puts' writings.

Wilson

I agree with Wilson that the price of admission to Sean's site is reasonable.

After saying that when my subscription ended I didn't renew. Why? Well I found myself skipping past all the test images and just reading the last few paragraphs. Also once I'd bought my current lens set I didn't actually see the need for continuing the subscription.

Using flash for the entire site is very clunky IMHO, but not so clunky that I didn't want to use the site, more of an irritation.

If I were Sean I'd make one or two of the reviews available to non-subscribers, once people had seen what they were actually buying into it might encourage more to subscribe.

Since I started this thread, soon to be 1 YEAR old, maybe I can also finish it.

I bought a 24 Elmarit and I never subscribed to RR.

Although the 30+ dollars is a drop in the bucket of the money I have spent in the last year on all things Leica in my opinion it was $30+ well saved. Why do a I say that?

Simple I bought, either new or used, every focal length lens Leica offers. 21, 24, 28, 35, 50, 75, 90 and 135.

I'll make up my own mind which I like to use and why.