Movie on war photographer Dickey Chapelle

NZDavid

Advertisement (gone after registration)

I saw a fascinating doco on the History channel about an upcoming movie on war photographer Dickey Chapelle, who covered WWII and Vietnam, where she was killed in action. A very gutsy lady, with strong opinions, who defied contemporary rules and regulations by wading into the thick of battle alongside Marines armed only armed with her trusty Leica cameras -- judging by the movie, a III of some variety and an M3.

The movie stars Jennifer Aniston and was produced by Brad Pitt (made a while ago?); I don't have any more details. Maybe someone knows more, but worth checking out. For more on Dickey Chapelle, see /www.photobetty.com/dickey_chapelle/15. and http://www.wisconsinhistory.org.

Cheers,

David

• 14 years later...
On 1/24/2007 at 5:26 PM, NZDavid said:

I saw a fascinating doco on the History channel about an upcoming movie on war photographer Dickey Chapelle, who covered WWII and Vietnam, where she was killed in action. A very gutsy lady, with strong opinions, who defied contemporary rules and regulations by wading into the thick of battle alongside Marines armed only armed with her trusty Leica cameras -- judging by the movie, a III of some variety and an M3.

The movie stars Jennifer Aniston and was produced by Brad Pitt (made a while ago?); I don't have any more details. Maybe someone knows more, but worth checking out. For more on Dickey Chapelle, see /www.photobetty.com/dickey_chapelle/15. and http://www.wisconsinhistory.org.

Cheers,

David

I've been looking for this movie but I don't think it was ever made.  John Garofolo published a book on her life and photographs in 2015.  He was involved in cinema and wrote a screenplay but I don't think it was ever made.  There is a documentary on her, 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 4