M7 Stolen in Paris

asonicyouth

Last August? And you're only coming on here now? I would guess that by now there is little hope.

Apart from the police report what else did you do back then? Let Leica know the serial nos? Claim on your insurance? Check eBay?

Oh and welcome to the Forum!

I havent put it up on here until now because I am actually just a broke student living in Taiwan, but the box for my camera was in a storage space in the US so I didnt know the serial numbers. I have contacted leica and I check Ebay regularly. I don't have homeowners insurance or anything so I guess I'm basically screwed. It got stolen when i was waiting with all my luggage at the Paris Cambronne (Line 6) station. The serial numbers for the lens and camera are as follows. Guess I'm hoping for a miracle.

Unlucky. Your only real hope at this late stage is that whoever has it now has to send it into Leica for a repair - if you have reported it to them and can prove ownership, they should reunite you.

As an aside, I left my lllf on a cafe table in Paris one breakfast time. I only realised about an hour later when I went to take a photo. Managed to find the cafe again and there was the camera, just where I'd left it!

As an aside, I left my lllf on a cafe table in Paris one breakfast time. I only realised about an hour later when I went to take a photo. Managed to find the cafe again and there was the camera, just where I'd left it!

Another aside from France: a gentleman approached me and said: "I see you have a Leica without a lens cap. I found one on the corner down there, could it be yours? Indeed it was, I thanked him and I walked back and picked it up where he said he hat put it.

Unlucky. Your only real hope at this late stage is that whoever has it now has to send it into Leica for a repair - if you have reported it to them and can prove ownership, they should reunite you.

Many years back I had left my bag with two CANON F1 in a bank in France when I got money. About 1 hour later I turned up and the bank manager had kept it for me. Needdless to say that I bought a couple of bottles of PASTIS for the staff.

Juergen

Many years back I had left my bag with two CANON F1 in a bank in France when I got money. About 1 hour later I turned up and the bank manager had kept it for me. Needdless to say that I bought a couple of bottles of PASTIS for the staff.

Juergen

One reason why I always keep a business card inside my camera bag !!!!!

A bag doesn't always gets stolen but one just "forget" sometimes !

And by the way, it's not that easy to have your camera gear insured !!!!

So that's not always an option .

Rgds

Ulev