I love my M4

Beautiful image! love how you compose your M4 with other stuff.

Thanks! This is basically all photographic equipment I use. I do have a Pentax dslr with a few lenses (used to take the picture), but it's been spending most of its time in the bag since I got the M4. I've only been able to shoot a couple of rolls so far, but I'm going to take them into the darkroom tonight and I'm quite excited!

The M4 really is a wonderful camera! I haven't tried any other M, was sort of thinking about an M2 but I'm very glad I got the M4. I love how fast it loads, just plop the film in and it's ready to go!

• 2 weeks later...
.We all love your M4, too. NOT! It's about as important to most of us as someoe arriving at adolecence.

I can't understand why anyone would bother opening, reading and then commenting a thread just to say something mean like this?

Especially after: http://www.l-camera-forum.com/leica-forum/leica-m9-forum/168478-did.html#post1620087

• Like 10

.We all love your M4, too. NOT! It's about as important to most of us as someoe arriving at adolecence..

My question is what exactly do you dislike about the M4? Not to start a quarrel, I just want to know what it is about the camera that would generate such a powerful response.

GHEN

• 1 month later...
I think the silver Leica is more elegant look while the black one is like a military look camera :) Silver is also easier to take care compared to black one :o

Dont know it only takes a little rubbing with soft leather for the brass edges to show through the black paint, getting the chrome to brass rather more difficult.

Noel

• Like 1

I think the silver Leica is more elegant look while the black one is like a military look camera :) Silver is also easier to take care compared to black one :o

Na. This is a military looking camera. Graflex Combat Graphic 70mm rollfilm. (I had the whole kit, serial #7 at one time.)

Edited by pico

Na. This is a military looking camera. Graflex Combat Graphic 70mm rollfilm. (I had the whole kit, serial #7 at one time.)

wow, thats indeed military looking. I thought leica had made some version for military use also in the past. I saw Leica military camera somewhere on the web, and now it becomes really expensive because of collector's item.

I always thought the M4 was the best looking M (back in 1975). I liked its clean lines, the angled rewind crank and the plastic levers additions made it look very modern. It's here with its two companions, a Weston V meter and a copy of Amateur Photographer.

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

• Like 3

That is a very nice looking M4 indeed! I am currently saving for one....so though I can't claim to love a M4 yet, someday I hope I will have one that I love to use. The only modification I will do to my yet-to-be found and purchased M4, involves switching the M4 advance, preview and self-timer levers to the all-metal M2/3 style levers.

Here's an example of what I am saying...

398718971_d9401d775b_z.jpg?zz=1

Leica M4 + 35mm Summicron by Huub L, on Flickr

Hi Thomas, nice to see my M4 here. Did you find one?

• Like 2

Hi Thomas, nice to see my M4 here. Did you find one?

Greetings, HuubL!

I acquired a late chrome M4 with the M3/2 style levers about a week after I posted...it is in great shape, still having its L seal, and, it looks a lot like yours, especially when I mount my version 1 summicron 35/2 on it ;) It is becoming my most used camera...

• Like 1

The M3/2 lever modification sure is pretty. I kind of like the timer and preview levers on the M4, but I have been thinking about maybe changing the advance lever... Perhaps that is too much of a Franken-M? ;)

I went to my local photo store the other day to pick up a couple of film rolls, the guy at the counter said "Is that an old Leica?" "Yes, it's an M4" "Oh, yes, an M4... I had one of those..." (with a dreamy look on his face). Then gave me 10% off... :)

Edited by pontus