What lenses do you own?

egrossman

Imo it is a bit strange to have dozens of lenses hanging around...:rolleyes:

So I will not list the 26 I just counted in my cupboard...:eek::p

Understood, thanks. May I ask which few ones you prefer over the others - if that's permitted in this thread?

k-hawinkler

I own the following:

21 ASPH Elmarit

28 ASPH Summicron

35 ASPH Lux (new type)

50 ASPH Lux

75 Summarit

90 ASPH Summicron

I acquired the 35 Lux very recently and have used it exclusively ever since. Before this I mostly used the 50 and 90. I haven't abandoned the 90, it is the novelty of the new lens that has led me to leave it on the camera.

Don't like these p-contests and am waiting for a suitably acerbic comment from Bill.

Acerbic? Me? Trenchant, maybe, or even caustic, but never acerbic ;):D

Honestly, I've avoided this thread; really don't see the point. I've had more lenses over the years, I've had less, I'm pretty happy with what I have right now, and that is what matters, surely? I would rather master a few than accumulate more than I can ever do justice to.

A personal style, I believe, comes from finding what works for you and exploring it, not flitting from subject to subject, camera to camera or lens to lens like a demented bee in a fruitless search for the "best" nectar.

Regards,

Bill

I own more than I (regularly) use. Since I have the M9, Summilux 35 asph I and Summilux 50 asph is all I use.

So once in a while I wrestle with the thought of selling the ones I did not touch for months. But then they say: "Don't sell a Leica". And considering how used lens prices developped in the last few years there are worse places to park some money, including bank accounts.;)

could be much more interesting to know..."How many good pictures do you take with the lenses you own?? :p

That would not draw an interesting response; besides, most likely none of the responses would be true.

How about "What brick walls do you own"?