Sign in to follow this  
psamson

For Mac users - App store is now open

Advertisement (gone after registration)

On your Mac, go to Software Update and download the latest patches. The App store is included in the 10.6.6 patch (am assuming in a 10.5.x patch too). Computer will restart. New icon on Dashboard and in the Apple menu for the App Store.

Hoping interesting features start to appear for say Aperture.

I believe, at least initially, that the App Store is only available with the 10.6.6 update for Snow Leopard - not earlier versions of the OS.

On first look, it looks pretty good!

Hoping interesting features start to appear for say Aperture.

It already has; just look at the new price (USD 79.99 vs USD 199 is indeed a VERY ´interesting feature´.....

)

I bought Aperture from the app store..bargain price. However, it does not recognise the RAW files on my LX5. The Leica D-Lux5 is officially supported, the LX5 is not.

Has anybody been able to crack this?

Rajat

Hi there, i'm using Aperture 2 at the moment and have seen a "bargain" price of £45 in the UK for an upgrade to Ver 3 but it takes an upgrade to Snow Leopard to get the App Store to then get Aperture 3. I have seen some horror stories on problems with Snow Leopard. Any information on this or any experience from users? Regards Robin.

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Robin

I am running Version 10.6.5 Snow Leopard without any problems. I am about to install the 10.6.6 upgrade and if I have problems I will let you know.

Dan

What 'horror stories' have you heard of? The worst that I have heard of is that some people had to re-install their printers, or that some elderly devices needed new drivers. Personally. I have installed it on multiple machines, without any problems at all.

Hi there. There are lots of items on Mac Users forums regarding problems with Snow Leopard but I just wondered what Leica users had to say about it. I suppose like all products there are good and bad reports but I may just wait and go to my nearest Apple store in Glasgow and buy and install it there, then if there's a problem at least I might get some help. I am not the most confident of computer users and if something goes wrong it's likely the Mac Book will go out the window!!!! Regards to all. Robin.

No problem with Snow Leopard here. I have lots of Mac using friends and none have mentioned any problems worth noting. It's a superb OS, IMHO.

Don't believe everything you read on internet forums, is my advice

Hi there. There are lots of items on Mac Users forums regarding problems with Snow Leopard...

What problems? None here.

Robin, no problems here and I am running Snow Leopard (10.6) on both a Macbook Pro laptop and an iMac.