weird lenses for the m9

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

@ Chris: before I got my M9, I didnt know what GAS means, but now... Congrats to your new acquisition :-) It is a very good optic, very sharp except the far corners, not as bitingly sharp as Aspheric Leica lenses but really very good. Takes a moment to uncollapse it, then focus is very smooth, fast, and exact. As with almost every non-Leica lens wider than 50 mm you get a red corner shift, I get rid of that in Capture One with one click, made two LCC profiles for the Perar. It vignettes, not too

Thank you - the leaves were separated by color, and excluded by a color temperature cooling for the rest of the image.   Carsten

21mm, f2.8 Kobalux Super Wide: Great optics and build quality. Dirty camera, just got back from using it in windy Estes Park. Hello guest! Please register or sign in to view the hidden content. Hallo Gast! Du willst die Bilder sehen? Einfach registrieren oder anmelden!

Posted Images

PS - just heard from Dirk Rosler at Japan Exposures that there are fewer than 10 left!

make that NONE left -- all sold out!!!

damn damn damn... something like that would really make the camera pocketable

none left? cool, sometimes it pays to buckle the urge to buy something, mine is on its way...

well, i never even got to see how much it was so i can't say whether i would have ordered it or not, but the little i saw was tempting...

i look forward to reports from those who did order it!

Bummer - it might be worth contact Dirk Rosler at Japan Exposures and saying you'd like to join a waiting list if they can persuade Mr Miyazaki to make some more (there's now a link available at MS Optical Super Triplet Perar 3.5/35 | japan exposures).

I'll certainly report on results when I get mine...

Advertisement (gone after registration)

well, i never even got to see how much it was so i can't say whether i would have ordered it or not, but the little i saw was tempting...

i look forward to reports from those who did order it!

The price on the web-site was €547.13 before any taxes & shipping charges. It sounds like a very interesting lens, at a very interesting price. Maybe they will make some more?

Edited by Nicoleica
Just found the currency change button. :)

I believe this thread was like a gold mine for Japan exposures... the lenses sold out a few days after it appeared... I am kind of glad- I was thinking of grabbing one- but do I really need another 35mm? No. Or yes? I wasn't sure. No I am in peace again.

If they make more the people who thought they were investing in a limited edition might feel a little cheated?

... I'd say it's got a noticeable barrel distortion. It's OK for general use and when weight and bulk are an issue, but better to steer clear of architectural shots. If one can live with the limited speed it makes an excellent alternative.

Cheers,

Bruno

I didnt notice a barrel distortion with my Perar so far, and made a test shot of our ceiling (no sea level available here...).

It was rumored that the Perar was flare prone, but I am quite happy with that so far:

Carsten

Leica M9 - a set on Flickr

The price on the web-site was €547.13 before any taxes & shipping charges. It sounds like a very interesting lens, at a very interesting price. Maybe they will make some more?

I WOULD REAAALLLY HATE THEM IF THEY MAKE MORE!!! FINALLY I SOON WANT TO SELL THE LITTLE PRECIOUS ON EBAY FOR A FORTUNE AND BUY A NOCTILUX!

I ordered mine January 4th >> Status is also "processing"

Dirk from Japanexposures told me, a week would pass till shipment has been done!

He I'm one day ahead

As soon as status changes I let you know!

(running with M9 and larger lenses is no fun...)

Still love those shots Carsten, the shepherd in general is great!

What do you use to run with the M9? A waist pack, or some sort of backpack? I'd love to carry mine running and cycling; I so often see great shots while out, but don't have a camera with me (the M9 is way too heavy for a cycling jersey pocket) and a P&S just never seems worthwhile to carry at all. The Perar looks like it would be absolutely perfect for this use!!!

Oh, nvm - I see you followed up with the pouch photo... Where do you put it, or does it have a belt loop?

Edited by jan_brittenson
I'd love to carry mine running and cycling; I so often see great shots while out, but don't have a camera with me (the M9 is way too heavy for a cycling jersey pocket) and a P&S just never seems worthwhile to carry at all. The Perar looks like it would be absolutely perfect for this use!!!

i'm in the same boat as you (though i don't run). there are instances when the M is just too heavy and bulky but i'm too spoiled to be satisfied with a small sensor camera much any more.

i've been tempted by the possibilities of the X100 and then this pops up!

(then again, there is the thought of taking a spill...)