Sign in to follow this  
XK50

LFI Paper - Inkjet Equivalent

Advertisement (gone after registration)

I received LFI 1/2011, this morning. As usual, it is beautifully printed.

I should like to emulate this particular semi-matt, textureless effect with my Epson 3800.

Does anyone have suggestions for possible inkjet paper equivalents (heavier, ideally)?

Many thanks,

John

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By firoze
      Last week, I received an email from Leica announcing that Fotopark would closed down shortly. The email contained a voucher code to apply on LFI.Gallery towards 3 free issues of LFI magazine.
      Following the link in the email, I entered my email address and the voucher code on the LFI.Gallery website, and got a message saying a verification email would be sent to me to activate my subscription. It has been several days and I have still not got that email. I have checked my junk mail folder but there is no email there either.
      Subsequently, I tried to register on the LFI.Gallery website, and again got a message saying an verification email had been sent to me. I have not got that email either.
      I have twice written to LFI via the “contact” link on the site, but have not received a reply.
      When I try to login on the site, I get a message saying “please verify your account”. I can’t do that since I haven’t got any verification emails.
      This is very strange and annoying!
      Any ideas or suggestions what I should do next?
    • By BlackDoc
      I am very proud of being informed that one of my photos from my last weeks  trip Elbsandstein has been voted as a Mastershot SL at the LFI.Gallery 🤩
      Hello guest! Please register or sign in to view the hidden content. Hallo Gast! Du willst die Bilder sehen? Einfach registrieren oder anmelden!  
    • By gwpics
      Taken on at a weekend school with Craig Semetko at LFI in Hamburg.

Leica M9 + 35mm Summarit f2.5 @ 800 iso. Processed in LR Classic.

Gerry

Hello guest! Please register or sign in to view the hidden content. Hallo Gast! Du willst die Bilder sehen? Einfach registrieren oder anmelden!
    • By Tina Manley
      I'm having a terrible time printings some portraits for a gallery show.  I'm using Ilford Galerie Prestige Gold Fibre Silk paper, 13x19, and printing with an Epson 1430 Artisan printer.  I'm printing through LightRoom, using the Ilford profile for that paper.  I've turned off color correction for the printer itself and am using the color settings in LR.   I'm using Relative Intent.  Here is an example of my digital file:

http://www.pbase.com/tinamanley/image/166471709/large

Here is an iPhone photo of the actual print:

http://www.pbase.com/tinamanley/image/167279204

See the greenish shadow on her jaw?  All of my portraits are printing with these green shadows somewhere.  I've tried adjusting the color balance of the whole photo which makes it too pink and I've tried adjusting the toning of just the shadows which doesn't seem to help.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.  This is driving me crazy!!

TIA

Tina
    • By PeterSchlicht
      Ladies and gents,

I searched the net since quite some time for experiences and examples that demonstrate the performance and quality of Leica M10 or SL files for large printing. With large prints I mean sizes up to 150cm (60") on the long side. There are lots of comparisons and reviews between cameras of different makes, e.g. between SL and Hasselblad X1D, but they concentrate mainly on usability or spec-sheet resolution etc. They don't say anything about the final product, which is the print. Print quality from files of a particular camera is nearly never mentioned or discussed. I would like to ask the community here for experiences with printing large from Leica full frame cameras such as M10, SL, 240 or even M9. I know, many of the answers will state "quality is subjective", "depends on viewing distance" or "depends on expectation", etc. But maybe this thread is able to shed some more light on people's experience. I'm sure there must be some prints out there of such sizes. Did you send your SL or M images for example to services such as whitewall.com to produce such large prints? Do you print yourself? How do M or SL files hold up in a 40x60" print? Are they totally inferior to a print from digital medium format... ?

Cheers, Peter

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue., Read more about our Privacy Policy