'Blonde' M8 - Huh????

WestMichigan

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Hello-

I've seen reference to a 'Blonde' M8 a couple of times here on the Forum.

My question is:

What the heck does 'Blonde' describe?

One encased in a pale sandy colored EverReady Case?

One with a Silver Body and Silver Lens?

The 'White' M8 I've seen available out of Asia?

I have theories and hypothoses, but nothing definitive. :)

Can anyone help me out...

Richard

Sounds Dumb to me.
Blonde jokes are considered politically incorrect.:p:D I think it is just one way of distinguishing between silver and black. Maybe we should call the bright chrome ones the old age pensioners.... :D

Thanks Mike,

I appreciate the sentiment - I'll sip a cool carbonated cola in honor of your good natured humor!

As for my all you other 'reprobates'! :D

I'm NOT making a 'blonde' Joke with my inquiry.

While it's a meaningless bit o' fluff, I sincerely wonder what a BLONDE M is!

It can't seem to find an underlying logic to linking the Color 'Blonde' with the Industrial Color Schemes found in the M8 and M9 'Catalog.

Ah Well

Richard in Michigan

I feel your pain. But I'm not going to do anything about it. :D Have a blond beer on me, if you can get that in your neck of the woods... :)

From Wikipedia: "The word blond(e) is first attested in English in 1481 and derives from Old French blund, blont meaning "a colour midway between golden and light chestnut". It gradually eclipses the native term fair, of same meaning, from Old English fæġer, to become the general term for "light complexioned".

I think in some cultures blond still refers generally to overall pigmentation - pale skin, not just pale or yellow hair. "fair-skinned" = silver.

Pico,

While I can Lament and Groan spectacularly over your ex's actions, I also can't argue there isn't an intrinsic reasonableness to her choice. As much as I as a person may want the 'world' to operate in certain ways, I can't choose to opt out of coping with the world 'as it is' on a permanent basis. Reality will intrude now and again.

R. in MI.

My ex was a US Federal Special Agent. Her natural color was blonde, but because blondes get nowhere in the agency, she colored it brown. She called the dye, "artificial intelligence". I kid you not.

Andy,

you've posted a wonderful basis (including citations) as to why 'Blonde' M would refer to a 'Silver' one. Kudo's for that part, but your closing sentence where you carried home the argument of your thesis was as sparse as the rest of the sentences were good.

Laugh-Laugh-Laugh

Just yankin on yer chain!:)

Good stuff, thanks.

R in Mi

From Wikipedia: "The word blond(e) is first attested in English in 1481 and derives from Old French blund, blont meaning "a colour midway between golden and light chestnut". It gradually eclipses the native term fair, of same meaning, from Old English fæġer, to become the general term for "light complexioned".

I think in some cultures blond still refers generally to overall pigmentation - pale skin, not just pale or yellow hair. "fair-skinned" = silver.

found a blonde one

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!